L is for lazy

Forum: January 2016 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By sharilyn
  • 1 Post By Cardinal

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2016 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2015, 06:17 AM
Petal7's Avatar Tara

L is for lazy:

Have you been getting lazy about some things in these last days of pregnancy? (Which we have every right to be!!) If so, what are those things? Are you getting slack on your beauty rituals, chores, other maintenance things, job, social obligations, quality time with S/O, kids, pets??

December 15th, 2015, 07:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Work! lol. I have only 4 more dyas, so I have been slacking a bit. It's important to me that I come home to a clean house after baby, so I won't slack on chores!

Avery Raine - 6
Brynlee Skye - 4
Baby #3 - Due January 2016
December 15th, 2015, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Probably the quality time with the kids the most, sadly. I think it's just cause I'm done with the not listening. I'm tired of telling them the same thing and all the noise. Something that I haven't slacked on but have picked up is the cleaning!
~Annissa~ and Mommy_2layla like this.

December 15th, 2015, 07:24 AM
Mommy_2layla's Avatar Super Mommy
I started slacking on my beauty rituals ages ago, there is no helping this skin as long as i am pregnant. my pregnancy appearance makes me want to crawl under a rock and not come out until it all clears up.

Ive actually picked up on everything else, my fear is going into labor and my house not being clean enough! I've actually stopped procrastinating and washed all of ZoŽs clothes and blankets, we got her new pack n' play delivered yesterday so i just put that together, and the only thing i have left to buy is my boba wrap and some things for my bag and i'm done!!

Last edited by Mommy_2layla; December 15th, 2015 at 07:29 AM.
December 15th, 2015, 07:32 AM
~Annissa~'s Avatar I love my kids!
I've been slacking on everything but Christmas. I tend to hyper focus and can't distribute my attention very well. So once that's over I will focus on prepping all baby's stuff. I haven't washed anything, we have nothing put together yet, but everything is purchased and here in our house lol.

I also have been feeling guilt about not spending as much time with the older kids, my patience is near non-existent with the not listening, constant wants, and with 5 kids in the house the noise is overwhelming. So DH and I have been going out a lot or locking ourselves in our room with music and wrapping presents or doing chores we can do in there, folding/sorting laundry etc or just sending them outside to play.

I almost never wear makeup anyway, so nothing new there. I have been more into cleaning/organizing. The idea of coming home with a new baby to a messy house makes me want to go crazy, so I have been making sure that's getting done.

December 15th, 2015, 09:15 AM
BlueMoon82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I stepped back from running calls weeks ago. I stopped riding the Harley longer ago than that.

I've been spending more time in/at the house over the last couple of months because of soreness and/or fatigue.

Housework is harder physically and takes me significantly longer now so I've had to either reduce how often I do it, how I do it, or increase how long it takes me. Most recently I've started "giving up" chores that take a lot of bending or what not to my oldest and my boyfriend saying that I just wasn't going to do them anymore because of pain/discomfort/just not being all that easy anymore and they needed to discuss between them who would do what, when.

I've also reduced the made from scratch home cooked meals for dinner. The crock pot has been my best friend recently because I can prepare stuff when I have energy and not have to do much when I'm wiped out in the evening.

December 15th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Petal7's Avatar Tara
Beauty rituals for sure such as eyebrow plucking, leg shaving and toe-nail polish. Mine is still orange from the fall season and flaking really bad. I decided not to color my hair until after baby arrives so I have about 4 inches of salt and pepper grey from this pregnancy.

I've been better about chores bc of the nesting. I've been trying to get out of social things as much as possible bc of not wanting to go anywhere and not wanting to do much walking so baby will stay in until her eviction date which is Jan. 7th.

Quality time: I've been trying to overcompensate now with the kids so they will have their love tank more full so when baby comes they can run off of the fumes until she doesn't take as much attention. Especially, the toddler I've been doing this with. However, the closer I get to the duedate, the more I don't like it when the kids touch all over me and crowd me. It's so annoying to me and I feel bad. My 5 y/o has this tickly way of trying to caress my arms, face, etc and makes me want to push her away. I have a lot of momma guilt for that one. I hope that reaction towards her touch goes away very soon.

DH has been so busy that I actually want more attention from him than I'm getting.

December 15th, 2015, 01:09 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gave up on make up long ago. I'll put it on for a special event, but that's about it. My hair has been in a ponytail for a couple of months now. Getting cut tomorrow so it looks decent when I have baby Friday. I'm also getting a pedicure because I can't reach my feet to cut my nails anymore and it's the same polish from October. Shaving gets done once a week the day before my appt. I'm doing blind sweeps for the lady bits cuz I have no idea what it looks like anymore. We cleaned house Thursday last week so we are working on just maintaining it now. All I want to do is lay around. My poor toddler. All she does is walk up and say "mommy tired" and goes to play by herself. I feel horrible. I've been trying to get her extra playdates to help keep her occupied. So ready to have my body and energy back again.
December 15th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Mommy_2layla's Avatar Super Mommy
I guess i should add that the ONLY beauty rituals i haven't neglected are Shaving and painting my nails. I miraculously have no problems doing either of those lol

December 15th, 2015, 05:14 PM
BlueMoon82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't usually paint my fingers but I stopped painting my toes awhile ago. Just too much bending over and trying to hold it while squishing the baby, haha. I do still shave my legs though I have reduced that from everyday to every other day. I hate being stubbly. I may gave in, if she doesn't come soon, and get a pedicure just because it'd feel nice and make my toes pretty again.

My hair looks like crap because of pregnancy, kind of dull and flat...nothing much I can do about that. I put the same amount of make up on now that I did before I was pregnant, which is usually powder and mascara.

My wardrobe is sad. I'm growing out of my maternity clothes. I wear the same two or three pairs of bottoms and shirts regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy_2layla View Post
I guess i should add that the ONLY beauty rituals i haven't neglected are Shaving and painting my nails. I miraculously have no problems doing either of those lol

December 16th, 2015, 04:54 AM
Super Mommy
I haven't had a pedicure or manicure in a while. Think I want to treat myself to that before the birth though. Something about having pink toenails for the birth makes me smile...so that might be worth the expense. Still keeping up shaving, because like Jamie, I hate being stubbly!

Our dogs are probably getting the shaft on attention. But thankfully they are 12 and 13 1/2 so they aren't high energy and can't do walks anymore.

I've slacked on household cleaning but I need to get back to that because I do NOT want to bring a baby home to a dirty house. It will make me anxious if the house is out of my comfort zone tidiness wise.

My job is where I'm slacking most. If I don't have hearings in the afternoon rather then stay and do paperwork, I go home and take a nap! I told an attorney yesterday that I needed a nap, and she looked at me befuddled and said "It's 2 pm Megan!" I just looked at her and said "and your point is?"
Petal7 likes this.
March 4th, 2017, 04:57 AM

Hi there, while pregnancy, you can hire professionals for cleaning your home and other home improvement activities. Last month my friend has hired a professional movers in manhattan who helped him in cleaning service and they were friendly in nature.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search