My Birth Story..

Forum: July 2016 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2016 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2016, 12:14 AM
Veteran
Hi everyone! This is a copy of my birth story posted in the August group..I was due in August but induced three weeks early.

Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes.. Our son, Thomas Branch arrived safely at my 37w induction on July 22nd. He is named after my late father in law and grandfather, and we are calling him Branch. He weighed 7lbs. 2oz., 20.25 inches. We are in love!!!

I couldn't sleep at all the week leading up to the induction.. I was a nervous wreck..my husband and I were holding our breaths for a safe delivery since we had a son who was stillborn due to placental abruption. I can't even describe the relief of making it to 37w. My doctor texted me that morning and told us to leave our house at 10am and check in at the main desk. We live in a capital city with a huge hospital and level 4 nicu which also made me feel safer with an early delivery. On the way to the hospital a car with turtle plate was in front of us the entire way. Turtles remind us of our late son Griffin, and we have become actively involved in a turtle conservation program in his memory.. I felt like he was telling us not to be scared- that he was with us- still a huge part of our family- that we weren't replacing him with another son and he was smiling down from heaven at the happy news. I have a really cool picture of the turtle in front of us and our first sight of the hospital. We checked in and it felt so strange walking to our room! For my other two deliveries I was already in labor, so they wheeled me in a wheelchair. The labor and delivery unit was packed, so they set us up in a triage room..beside the bed being narrower than a labor and delivery room we were so happy with the actual; room.. It was newly renovated and spacious. They hooked me up to the monitors and inserted the balloon catheter ar0und noon to start dilating my cervix.. Owwww.. I let a few words slip during the insertion, but once it was in place it really wasn't bad. I started having contractions, but they were pretty spread out.. My husband got us lunch and we just talked during that time.. Around 6pm they moved us to a labor and delivery room.. Same set up but more comfortable bed. I was shocked when our favorite nurse walked into the room.. She helped deliver our daughter and she was the one who placed the Doppler when we f0und out that our son had died.. She is our angel on earth to have been with us on our happiest and saddest days.. I just couldn't believe that she was there for baby 3!! I c0updnt have been more excited! They soon started the pitocin which was no joke! My contractions immediate;y became much stronger and closer together. At 8pm I had reached 4cm and they broke my water..the craziest sensation. My water broke at home with our daughter's labor, but this felt so different..a much stronger gush.. It didn't hurt at all though. At that point they called in the anesthesiologist, and I was really excited because it was my friend's husband..he placed the epidural but left the room to get the pump part of the medicine? All I know is that labor came on with incredible intensity and the epidural couldn't keep up.. I kept begging my nurse to page him back..why could I feel everything? At that point I was gripping the side rails of the bed and the contractions weren't letting up. The nurse checked me, and I asked her if I was still at 4.. She said nope, I can feel his head.. Then she quickly sprung into action getting all of the supplies ready and paged for help.. Three other people came into the room.. When I heard that I was 10cm and there was no pain relief in sight I panicked! I was screaming in pain, and my nurse said, "you are g0ing to do this. I'm not leaving you." I pushed for 10 minutes and my doctor made it in the room right in time for delivery. I was so caught off guard by the pain..it was definitely not the birth I had envisi0ned, but after it was over I was so euphoric I felt like I could do it all over again. They placed Branch on my chest for an hour and my husband and I cried with relief and happiness. After our daughter was born 5 years ago they immediately weighed her and gave her a bath.. I was so happy by the new policy of no bath unti; 6 hours old, delayed measurements, etc.. We were moved onto the postpartum room ar0und midnight and we spent the entire night memorizing our little boy. Our parents and daughter came the next morning.. Our daughter got to meet him first by herself.. She held his pinky in her hand and said. "I pinky promise I'll love y0u forever." Needless to say I was soaked in tears! I had envisioned her meeting her brother for so long.. First with griffin and now with a brother that she would get to grow up with\. My husband and I are both only children, so it was really empti0nal for us to see this bond. We were discharged after another night in the hospital..Branch had to be under the bilirubin lights one night and he has had several jaundice checks, but he is d0ing well! I still can't believe he's here.. I have never felt more grateful in all my life. Thank you again for everyone's well wishes!!
August 15th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
That was a nice birth story. =) Your daughter sounds so sweet! My nurse dallied so long with my pain meds that nothing was hooked up for me either. lol
Liliana Vale - September 25, 2013

Daniel Constantine - July 19, 2016
Save
September 2nd, 2016, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the story Carolina.

I am glad that it is all well now.
September 13th, 2016, 03:33 PM
Libby22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats

My Ovulation Chart

missed m/c 28 march 2010- Toni 11 weeks CP 11 march 2015- Katie 4 weeks 10 May 2015 Lilly- 4 weeks CP

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search