Teeth Problems

Forum: August 2016 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2016 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2016, 03:39 PM
TheRefereeOfTheHouse's Avatar Veteran
Ughhhh... with all my pregnancies my teeth fail me!!!!!!!!!! I can feel a cavity right now as I am typing in my molar. Never have issues with my teeth not pregnant. GAH! Anyone else deal with bad teeth while pregnant?

January 25th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
sucks but it's common. I think we blame hormones again? I don't tend to get that many extra cavities, BUT every pregnancy my wisdom teeth have grown further in causing at least one or more painful week long epsiodes where I get to commiserate with teething babies and my gums are inflamed. Last pregnancy it was so painful I was taking tylenol and swilling with moutwash trying to clear the infection. I didn't go in only because I knew the only solution was to extract the tooth which I didn't want to deal with in pregnancy, also I knew from experience if I waited it out it would clear.

Every time I've gone to the dentist the last 5 years or so they would ask "how old are you?" with a puzzled look that more of a wisdom tooth was showing. Then they would assure me "oh they won't grow anymore now" ha. I was told years ago none of them would ever come through. (I only have 3) but ds and dd1 pushed up one and dd2 pushed up the top one.

Finally got them extracted this summer so I'm looking forward to not dealing with/worrying about that this time... provided the other side which really is far down and has never grown before doesn't decide to start. It was such a stress cus I was worried about timing the extraction, between pregnancies and nursing, plus doing it at a time dh could be home in case recovery was hard. I've heard waaaaay too many horror stories of having to stop nursing cus of the pain causing the need to take high doses of pain meds and weeks spent in bed. In the end, the were both above the gum and the dentist did it in office, with only regular freezing and I took no more than a few tylenol for a day or two! Such a miracle for me.

Hope you can get it dealt with soon
January 25th, 2016, 06:09 PM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My gums get sensitive when pregnant, but haven't been all too bad so far. My dentist did tell me NOT to brush my teeth after vomiting if I have morning sickness. The frequent vomiting followed by brushing will remove the enamel.
January 26th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Veteran
I don't tend to get more cavities but definitely more sensitive gums. They always start to bleed a lot and certain foods are hard for me to chew. Luckily it hasn't started yet but I'm sure it will.
January 26th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiChica View Post
My gums get sensitive when pregnant, but haven't been all too bad so far. My dentist did tell me NOT to brush my teeth after vomiting if I have morning sickness. The frequent vomiting followed by brushing will remove the enamel.
Oooooops. Well. I know it now! My mom had gum disease as a result of pregnancy.
January 27th, 2016, 06:37 AM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKnaomi View Post
Oooooops. Well. I know it now! My mom had gum disease as a result of pregnancy.
You would think they would advertise it more. They literally said as I was walking out the door, "you know not to brush your teeth right after vomiting, right?" Umm, no. I didn't know that. I think most people's natural reaction is to brush their teeth.
January 27th, 2016, 07:47 AM
TheRefereeOfTheHouse's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiChica View Post
I did this with my first pregnancy and still dealing with the effects of super sensitive teeth!

January 27th, 2016, 09:35 AM
cbaby4's Avatar Veteran
I have terrible teeth because of my pregnancies. A lot of people swear by the Weston A Price diet for teeth. Its basically a meat based diet with vitamin d and k12. I thought I wanted to try it but I don't want such a heavily meat based diet. I am taking vitamin d though and I bought this stuff called MI paste that helps remineralize teeth. I'm hoping that helps. After this trimester I'm going back to cutting out most grains and starches... unfortunately right now thats all i can eat.
January 29th, 2016, 04:32 PM
JLock126's Avatar Baby #2 is on the way!
I got pregnancy induced gingivitis last pregnancy. Went away after the babe was born. Went in for my cleaning Wednesday not knowing I needed a release from my OB....waited and waited for the OB to fax it back to the dentist. Needless to say, I had to reschedule b.c it never came. Hopefully this pregnancy I won't get gingivitis.
DD#1 (Our Sweetie Pie) born June 22, 2012.

Little Babe #2 is on the way!!!

January 29th, 2016, 04:57 PM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sibe Momma
I wouldnt say my teeth have changed, but my gums are more sensitive and will bleed a tiny bit when i brush. But i do need a rootcanal lol. im just too scared to get it done, i have nerve damage in the area beside it from botched dental work on the next over molar. A year later it still aches a little when i smile. :/

July 10th, 2016, 04:34 AM
For the last week or so I've been having trouble with tender gums that bleed when I brush my teeth. Not sure if it is caused by vaping then i consult to Davie Orthodontist then my bleeding gums get treated.
August 2nd, 2016, 10:00 AM
Unfortunately, this is one of the facets of pregnancy that could be bothersome. Some may be able to avoid it by drinking calcium, right diet and of course good dental hygiene, but there are those who encounter nuisances. I refer to them as nuisance simply because you know that you have taken good care of your teeth and still encounter sensitivities, this is due to the hormonal imbalance your body is experiencing. While there are not much medications or procedures you could go through, it would be advisable to visit your dentists at this point, to share with you some tips on how to lessen them. Perhaps preventive dental cleaning and annual exams which are definitely safe.
December 29th, 2016, 01:51 PM
I haven't been having any dental problems. From what I have read dental treatmentcan be done at any time during pregnancy. However, the best time to perform routine dentalprocedures during pregnancy is the second trimester/ the first and second trimester according to this article: Is It Safe to Undergo Dental Treatments During Pregnancy? | DentalimplantsFriends.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search