How has everyone been doing lately???

Forum: October 2016 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By pixie23
  • 1 Post By RandE
  • 1 Post By novastar222
  • 1 Post By FDmama153
  • 1 Post By PrincessLou79

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2016 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Super Mommy
I had an appointment this past Wednesday and apparently they don't do cervix checks at my doctor's, so I'm curious as to "where I'm at" in that department lol. I can request one but I'm not sure I want to go that route. Also, I was talking to a friend who recently had a baby and she was a little surprised that I haven't had a NST yet...I don't think they're common at my doctor's unless you're a higher risk pregnancy or there is some other need to check that out. How does your doctor do things? Wouldn't it be nice for some consistency across the board? lol

TTC cycle #5 (PCOS) - 02/10/16 @ 9DPO!!

September 9th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been checked a couple of times down there, last time I was checked was like 29 weeks...and I was still closed but cervix was ripening up. They check me as a precaution due to preterm contractions. I've also have had a NST done a few times already. I think, this is because I am considered high risk and they are just doing it as a precaution. :/

Normally, at the Doctor's place I go too...they normally do not check you until 36 weeks and after.

Maybe, request for you to be checked just to see? It's not really a good indicator of when labor will start..because you can be dilated for weeks with nothing really changing lol.
heybabybaby likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

<3 I am missing my sweet baby angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks
Fifth M/C Chemical loss - Late May/ Early June (Chemical Pregnancy/2015)
Sixth Missed Miscarriage @ 18 weeks, Delivered our sweet baby boy Nolan on November 1st at 11:46pm.

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~
<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
September 9th, 2016, 06:13 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know a lot of Dr offices are getting away from cervical checks since they don't predict labor anyway. Personally, I don't dilate much before labor starts. I was 1cm with my first before I was induced and a fingertip with my second 3 days before spontaneous labor started. I also know one or two ladies that Sat at 5 or 6 cm and didn't labkr for weeks. My Dr office doesn't do NST unless you are high risk or worried about fetal movement. I had weekly NST at the end of my first pregnancy due to gestational diabetes. None with my second and I just had one when I went to L&D over changed fetal movement.
heybabybaby likes this.

September 11th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
Ive never had an NST. And my obgyn told me last appointment they don't do cervical checks until 38-39 weeks now!
heybabybaby likes this.

08/30/2015

September 12th, 2016, 07:53 AM
Super Mommy
I feel a little better knowing that because I thought maybe I was an outlier or something lol.

September 12th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Super Mommy
my dr doesn't start cervical checks until the once-a-week appts (36wks). also, i've never had the NST testing done and i believe that is only done if high risk or some other medical reason for it.
heybabybaby likes this.

September 14th, 2016, 01:44 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In the UK they don't do cervical checks at all until you are in labour. What's NST?
heybabybaby likes this.
September 14th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Super Mommy
PrincessLou, it's a the Non-Stress Test, I believe. They monitor you to see if you're having contractions and also to check on the baby's movements. At least that's what one friend told me. They don't perform it at my hospital unless you're higher risk, I guess...same with cervical checks since it doesn't tell you anything about when you'll go into labor. Personally, I'm more than okay with that because it's probably not the most comfortable thing at this time lol...I was just curious because I see so many ladies posting about it in other DDCs I'm a part of.

September 1st, 2017, 05:31 PM
Libby22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
pregnant again

My Ovulation Chart

missed m/c 28 march 2010- Toni 11 weeks CP 11 march 2015- Katie 4 weeks 10 May 2015 Lilly- 4 weeks CP blighted ovum 2017

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search