baby blanket question

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Knitting, Crochet and Macrame Techniques & Patterns LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2011, 05:24 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
I hope that someone can help you with your questions about knitting needles. I have used round knitting looms to make baby blankets though and found it to be quite easy.
March 13th, 2011, 03:56 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Depends on how closely spaced you want the stitches. The larger the needles, the more loosely spaced the stitches are. The smaller the needles, the tighter the stitches. Typically for babies, I *think* you'd use smaller sizes... maybe 6 or 7. The blanket I posted pics of in your other post... I used a size 7. But it also depends on the yarn you use. The yarn label actually tells you the size needle to use if you are free-handing. If you are using a pattern, the pattern takes precedent OVER the yarn label.

I learned at my local library... they had free knitting classes. If you want to learn I HIGHLY recommend Youtube. I can also go back to my documentation that I got from the library & give you some GREAT sites to check out if you want.

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
March 13th, 2011, 08:30 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I learned on youtube too. I've never tried using a loom, but a friend of mine uses a loom for all her knitting projects. If it's a pattern, you probably want to pick a yarn that will give you the same gauge that is listed in the pattern (# of stitches per inch).
March 21st, 2011, 07:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If I were you I'd join www.ravelry.com and find a pattern that you like and find the needle sizes and yarn suggestions from there. It's tough to figure all of that out when you're new.

Good luck!

Thank you luv2bemommy for the blinkie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search