What are you working on?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Knitting, Crochet and Macrame Techniques & Patterns LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2007, 04:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So it's a busy time of the year for knitting/crocheting. Someone asked me in another thread what I'm working on for christmas gifts etc and it got me curious.
So what are all of you working on right now? Care to share? Do you have photos?

I'm working on this for my mom:

Lots of hats for nieces and babies on their way.
Ponchos for little girls.
Sweaters for nieces
Finishing a sweater for me...I've never actually finished a sweater for myself although I have three that pretty much just need to be pieced together...I finished knitting this over a year ago...maybe two
I hat about a zillion other projects in various stages of finishing too, but I"m trying to focus on these for the next month before moving on. Yes...I do seem to have some form of knitting ADD.

So...what about you girls?

Thank you luv2bemommy for the blinkie
December 4th, 2007, 10:03 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm not nearly as ambitious as you! I've got a baby ruffle afghan in the works for Alyssa, a scarf for my grandmother, a ribbed scarf for my mother, I just finished a few dishcloths, and I'm looking to start a pair of booties for my aunts baby-to-be (she's due Christmas day!).
December 9th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't sit still and watch tv etc., so I have to knit while doing it...you sound pretty busy right now with your little peanut...that my cut into your knitting time

December 13th, 2007, 07:32 AM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
nix, I'm the exact same way. I can't watch TV or movies without knitting.

I'm almost done with my Christmas knitting. I made socks for my mom, my sister and my stepdad and a scarf for my mom. I'm almost done with my boyfriend's scarf and I made good progress on a hat for my friend's 30th birthday (on Dec. 27). I'm knitting forward to knitting for myself again

December 15th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
I'm not up to much.. working on a simple ribbed scarf for myself. I knit a scarf for my very first knitting project and it was soooo wonky that I hardly ever wore it. I finally decided to frog it and knit DD a hat out of it and am using the rest to re-work a new scarf

December 17th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
All that scarf talk is making me realize I haven't made a single scarf this year. I always make one to take to the gift exchange at one of our girl parties. I just realized that's coming up on Thursday...so I'd better think about that.
I've finished off a couple of baby hats and a hat for my BF this week. I'm still working on a couple more baby hats, the two ponchos, my mom's sweater, a hat for my mom's SO, and a sweater for another of my nieces before Christmas. I finished the body of my mom's sweater last night and so I just need to do the short sleeves and the neckline this week. I'm really annoyed though that the pattern called for the wrong amounts of the beaded yarn. I ordered it online last year and it was a really complicated process of having it sent to my BF while he was working in the states etc. It's also a dyed silk yarn, so there's no way of getting a match for it now...so I'm improvising with the non-beaded yarn to get it done.
I like reading about what everyone's doing...so keep posting if you're up to it. I'm going to try to get really ambitious and post some pictures this week. I need to come up with a good nic so that I can get my ravelry thing going too...my invite for the beta version just came at a really bad time during my miscarriage so I wasn't feeling very creative. I did check out your blog Caroline...thanks for sharing

December 18th, 2007, 07:56 AM
I wanted to share a hat I just made. I'm so happy with it I don't know how I'll be able to give it to my friend!

I'm now done with all my gifts and I can work on things for myself!

December 19th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I'm now done with all my gifts and I can work on things for myself![/b]
I wish I was done with all of my gifts...but I just keep starting more, like a crazy person. I have so much left to do still. I love the hat...was it an online pattern or from a book? I'd love the link if it's online.

December 20th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
I am actually NOW working on a large blanket for my SO who's in the US military ... I'll finish and send it to him AFTER christmas though lol

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
December 20th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Quote:
I love the hat...was it an online pattern or from a book? I'd love the link if it's online.[/b]

It's a free pattern, the Fake Isle Hat, from MagKnits. My version is pretty different though. I used solid coloured yarns instead of the Noro and I didn't do the second chart because I didn't want too much white. I want to make another one with Noro now.

December 24th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmmmm...thanks for sharing that. I actually have a few left over balls of Noro laying around. I may just try this one for myself.

December 25th, 2007, 10:03 AM
I've finished my scarf (mental note.. take some pics!) and just frogged a matching hat to re-do. It's in LB Homespun and I found that after the hat got wet from rain/snow the fibers relaxed a lot and it got really droopy. Yeah, yeah.. should have done a gauge swatch. hehe! Oh well.. it will be quick to re-work a little smaller.

I also just got the Mason-Dixon Knitting book for Christmas this morning! I want to do a log cabin baby blanket for the new bean

January 1st, 2008, 12:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your new bean. I've made a few hats that have stretched out all crazy too. I started that log cabin blanket for my one niece who's over a year old now, and it's still not done. I was making it by holding various combinations of two strands of different coloured denim yarns together. I think the problem with it was that it was just so hard on my fingers. Picking up the stitches each time with these yarns just made my fingers burn. I may pick it up again and try to finish it when we decide to try again. I hope you have better luck with that thing than I did. I'd actually love to try it again in a softer yarn...I was feeling too creative to consider the logistics when I started that one.

January 1st, 2008, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Congratulations on your new bean. I've made a few hats that have stretched out all crazy too. I started that log cabin blanket for my one niece who's over a year old now, and it's still not done. I was making it by holding various combinations of two strands of different coloured denim yarns together. I think the problem with it was that it was just so hard on my fingers. Picking up the stitches each time with these yarns just made my fingers burn. I may pick it up again and try to finish it when we decide to try again. I hope you have better luck with that thing than I did. I'd actually love to try it again in a softer yarn...I was feeling too creative to consider the logistics when I started that one.[/b]
Yeah, it took me the whole 9 months to knit a simple basket-weave blanket for Chloe so I'll be starting the log cabin one as soon as we get settled in our new place next month. Hopefully I actually finish. But I hate half-finished projects!

January 1st, 2008, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Congratulations on your new bean. I've made a few hats that have stretched out all crazy too. I started that log cabin blanket for my one niece who's over a year old now, and it's still not done. I was making it by holding various combinations of two strands of different coloured denim yarns together. I think the problem with it was that it was just so hard on my fingers. Picking up the stitches each time with these yarns just made my fingers burn. I may pick it up again and try to finish it when we decide to try again. I hope you have better luck with that thing than I did. I'd actually love to try it again in a softer yarn...I was feeling too creative to consider the logistics when I started that one.[/b]
Yeah, it took me the whole 9 months to knit a simple basket-weave blanket for Chloe so I'll be starting the log cabin one as soon as we get settled in our new place next month. Hopefully I actually finish. But I hate half-finished projects!

January 1st, 2008, 01:34 AM
Quote:

April 1st, 2008, 07:37 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Right now, I'm working on a little girl hat for my sister, a baby hat for Alyssa, and I still haven't finished the ruffle baby afghan, and I just finished another pair of booties..
April 1st, 2008, 10:27 AM
I've got an iPod cozy on the needles right now and some cotton waiting to become washcloths for Chloe. All her regular baby facecloths are sooo stained and gross by now so I thought I'd try knitting her some new ones with pictures of things that she loves!

May 6th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Hi,

New on the forum. Picking up my knitting again. Just wanted to put in that I am doing a summer shawl. Not a great knitter, but I keep busy!

Looking fwd to following the knitting threads, so to speak.

elena
May 13th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Hi Elena, and welcome!

I'm not working on anything at the moment.

I pulled out my Knitted Toys book yesterday though and decided I should finally make something out of it! I chose a cute little Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs set to do for Chloe for Christmas. I think I better get started soon because once we find out what this bambino is I'll probably want to start knitting baby things again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search