Sleeping on back

Forum: February 2017 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Erin.EB

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2017 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2016, 07:22 AM
Erin.EB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh.. I never sleep on my back when I'm not pregnant but ever since we got a new bed (I think Jesus himself blessed it before tiny little angels sewed it together) I keep waking up on my back. I'm losing sleep because I have to keep waking myself up to roll over.

This is the point in pregnancy where we are supposed to stop sleeping on our backs and sleep on the left side as much as possible.

I actually have my husband on back duty, if he wakes up in the night and sees me on my back he's supposed to ask me to roll to my side. I'm not ready to get the giant, lumpy old pregnancy pillow out yet.

How have you all been sleeping?

September 21st, 2016, 10:37 AM
Super Mommy
i am 21 weeks and still sleep on my back... I have in my pregnancies until I was really big... I don't know if its really that bad?
September 21st, 2016, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thankfulhelpmeet View Post
i am 21 weeks and still sleep on my back... I have in my pregnancies until I was really big... I don't know if its really that bad?
Well it can be. The uterus can compress the vena cava. If memory serves correct, it is the main vein, or blood flow, to baby. I'm jealous that you can still comfortably sleep on your back. It's like my matress sucks me in and I get stuck there lol. I'm also pretty big already so that might be another factor. I find myself short of breath and my lungs actually hurt a little when I first wake up. Just another bonus of pregnancy!

September 21st, 2016, 03:11 PM
SmileyMom
This happens to me all the time!! I keep waking up in my back and I am never a back sleeper
September 22nd, 2016, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvee80 View Post
This happens to me all the time!! I keep waking up in my back and I am never a back sleeper

It must be the gravity of our bellies pulling us down onto our backs, lol
yvee80 likes this.

September 22nd, 2016, 08:05 AM
SmileyMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin.EB View Post
It must be the gravity of our bellies pulling us down onto our backs, lol
LMBO!! It must be...I am not a fan

September 22nd, 2016, 06:06 PM
lizbitz16's Avatar Super Mommy
Luckily I've never been a big back sleeper anyway. Only time I'm on my back is if I'm cuddling my DD. Otherwise side sleeping both sides! Prefer left side even! I honestly always worry I'll accidently roll on my belly 😞
June 22nd, 2017, 08:05 AM
Pillow in between the knees was the most effective way for me)
I've just got a v-shaped cozzy pillow. I absolutely love it and I'm pretty sure I'll even use it to sleep with after the baby is born because I find it so comfy to hug and stick between my legs in bed! Also I think it will be very useful for helping with breastfeeding. I couldn't be without it

Last edited by stream26; June 25th, 2017 at 12:12 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search