Baby names

Forum: Due Date Club of July 2017

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Debafafa

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of July 2017 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2017, 10:04 AM
Debafafa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most of you already have names....

I have no freakin idea what to name my baby.

We have always struggled picking a name that we both liked.....but this time around I can't even find a name I like let alone a name my husband will like also.

UGH!
February 24th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Veteran
Does your husband have any that he likes on his own?

February 24th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like Guinevere View Post
Does your husband have any that he likes on his own?
Ummm....honestly no. He wouldn't even think about names if I didn't force the issue on him.

But he also won't let me just pick a name and be happy with it
February 24th, 2017, 09:22 PM
Beautiful Life!
We're kind of in the same boat. I had a girl name we agreed on, but nothing for a boy name. I've suggested a few but my husband shoots me down. He says it's his turn to name one but I'm worried if it's going to be something I like. I keep trying to come up with more names but he insists we have plenty of time and if I'll leave him be, he'll come up with something we'll both agree on. We'll see. It definitely has me stressed.

February 25th, 2017, 09:16 AM
I will never let my husband name our kids. He was trying to name our first things like Dino, Titan, and just not okay with me. I could never trust him to pick something I like
mommamindy likes this.
February 25th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Beautiful Life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debafafa View Post
I will never let my husband name our kids. He was trying to name our first things like Dino, Titan, and just not okay with me. I could never trust him to pick something I like
Lol! That's how I feel but I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

February 27th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Veteran
Mine is very opinionated about names but he has good ideas. I love the two girl names he suggested.

February 28th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like Guinevere View Post
Mine is very opinionated about names but he has good ideas. I love the two girl names he suggested.
I'm jealous.
March 1st, 2017, 10:09 AM
Regular
Something my husband and I did - we got out our family trees and started digging around old family names! Even though we didn't use any of them, it kick started the conversation for sure better than a baby name book or website did.

(At the end of the day, him "choosing" the name was basically him picking between a couple options *I* put out there... LOL)
March 1st, 2017, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyArmyWife View Post
Something my husband and I did - we got out our family trees and started digging around old family names! Even though we didn't use any of them, it kick started the conversation for sure better than a baby name book or website did.

(At the end of the day, him "choosing" the name was basically him picking between a couple options *I* put out there... LOL)

We use family names as middle names. It's a thing we love to incorporate
March 2nd, 2017, 10:57 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
We use family names as middle names. It's a thing we love to incorporate
We do too! I love passing down a piece of heritage to the kids Boys have names from DH's side and the girls have names from my side of the family.

March 18th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Terra_Mater's Avatar Veteran
I was told if you really want your way, wait until labor and then demand it. hehehe... he'll probably say "Okay, honey, anything you want!"

I know you posted this a while ago, so any new ideas coming your way? There are so many names out there! I just saw the name "Scarlett" and thought it was gorgeous. We already have ideas for ours, so we won't be using that one... but anyway, good luck!

March 19th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra_Mater View Post
I was told if you really want your way, wait until labor and then demand it. hehehe... he'll probably say "Okay, honey, anything you want!"

I know you posted this a while ago, so any new ideas coming your way? There are so many names out there! I just saw the name "Scarlett" and thought it was gorgeous. We already have ideas for ours, so we won't be using that one... but anyway, good luck!

Not much inspiration...we struggled with our first 2. They were both unnamed for at least 24 hours after birth....but this time it feels like it's going to be the whole hospital stay
March 19th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Terra_Mater's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Not much inspiration...we struggled with our first 2. They were both unnamed for at least 24 hours after birth....but this time it feels like it's going to be the whole hospital stay
Darn it! Who knows, maybe you like to meet them first! Sometimes people don't name their babies for a whole week or even month after they are born

Do you like any themes at all? DH and I are in love with science, space, history kind of stuff. We dug through our favorite inventors and explorers as well as stories we've read. Maybe you could start there?

It's ok if it doesn't happen now! We've got some time!
March 20th, 2017, 04:00 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Did you have to keep telling the Birth Certificate lady to come back later

For what it is worth I got my oldest name from the back of a minivan while waiting behind it in traffic. Don't give up. You never know when inspiration will hit.

March 23rd, 2017, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kixs*~ View Post
Did you have to keep telling the Birth Certificate lady to come back later

For what it is worth I got my oldest name from the back of a minivan while waiting behind it in traffic. Don't give up. You never know when inspiration will hit.

They just gave us the form and side let us know when you filled it out

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search