New doctor . . . ?

Forum: Due Date Club of August 2017

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of August 2017 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Veteran
Girls, I am really thinking of requesting a new doctor. The one I have just doesn't seem diligent to me. I had insomnia prior to pregnancy but I had to stop my meds. I have been complaining to her since the beginning that the med they have me on isn't cutting it and (after 2 weeks of phone calls) she told me to double it. Luckily, I couldn't because I was out and when I called to get her to write a refill she wasn't there so they called the doctor on call and he said he would write the refill for the original dose because it wasn't safe to double. Then I have been telling her that restless legs are driving me nuts. Her reply . . . there are meds but they aren't safe during pregnancy. That is it.Friday, my legs were so bad that they were bothering me during the day and I couldn't hold my legs still! I called her office requesting to have my iron and potassium checked. They called me back today and said that she said I am already on iron and that it could wait until my appointment on the 29th to have my potassium checked. Yes, I am on iron but that doesn't mean my body is absorbing it. If she can put an order in for the 29th, why can't she do it today? Why should I have to wait and suffer? I mean it might not be either of those things, but if it were it could easily be corrected with IV fluids or iron infusion. If its not those things at least I would know.
I have been taking 325 mg of iron twice a day, eating bananas and avocados, drinking Gatorade, drinking magnesium, using magnesium spray and soaking in epsom salt. I've tried correcting it at home.

March 20th, 2017, 04:41 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
I'd be looking for a new one asap. especially with twins, they shouldn't be brushing you off like that.

March 20th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you're not satisfied with the care you're receiving, and PAYING for, you have every right to switch. Don't sweat it.

Do you have any friends or family that have recently been pregnant/had a baby you can get recommendations for? That's how I found my OBGYN. It was actually my MIL's GYN. When I was pregnant with my first she ended up being called to service (she was a reserve) to a military base. So I had to see another OB in the practice. And I really like her. She's delivered both my girls now and I've made her my permanent OBGYN.

March 22nd, 2017, 07:19 AM
Veteran
My circumstances are a little different. I utilize a tribal hospital. Indian Health Services. I did call and request a different doctor and they moved me to the doctor of my choice, no problems so I feel better moving forward. I threw the hydroxyzine in the trash because I'm pretty sure it is contributing to my restless legs. So the past two night have been pretty sleepless. Hopefully, it can only get better.

March 22nd, 2017, 07:57 AM
I don't sleep either, I have a cyst on my pineal gland so it doesn't produce the right amount of hormones...We always though I was just a night owl.. nope... takes me about 8-10 hours after the sun goes down for my body to produce enough melatonin to make me tired, and then it stops production as soon as the sun comes up. HA.

I'll admit, the Unisom has worked as good as the sleeping meds I used to take. I'm sure it wont work anymore eventually.. but it has been a life saver lately. Ob approved a full tablet PLUS my usual 10mg melatonin... but I can take a full tab and no melatonin, or a half table and 5 or 10mg and sleep pretty well.

I hope the new doctor can sort something out for you.

March 22nd, 2017, 08:19 AM
Veteran
I can't take Unisom because it contains diphenhydramine, which makes my restless legs worse. I can't take Benadryl or phenergan for the same reason. It really sucks. Phenergan is so bad, it was making my neck twitch, I felt like I must look like someone on meth, lol.I may have to try melatonin.

March 22nd, 2017, 06:19 PM
I was on reglan for migraines for a while and it left me with a permanent facial twitch! Crazy meds and their nerve issues.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search