My cats got a hold of my carseat

Forum: **NW** August 2017 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NW** August 2017 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2017, 04:19 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Ripped the heck out of the cover, pulled foam through.. It's not fire safe anymore, and it looks horrible. I am soooooo mad.

Had to call evenflo to see if it can even be used anymore, they'll call me back. I hated the stupid thing before now (it literally doesn't fit in most cars.. we tried to put it in a brand new dodge minivan this morning, and didn't fit) .. if I have to cut my losses (it's a $180 carseat) and buy another I'll never ever recommend an evenflo to anyone ever again****.. I don't care if it's not their fault or not. I can honestly say I can't recommend it to anyone I know because they'd never fit it in their cars to start with.

**** there isn't a cover I can even purchase to replace mine. I'm totally at their mercy. No way I'm going to spend $180 on a new one of these, when I can buy others for less.

Last edited by plan4fate; June 15th, 2017 at 05:35 PM.
June 16th, 2017, 11:59 AM
Evenflo says it's fine to use, just not to repair it in anyway, and be warned it won't be as resistant to fire.

that doesn't sound fine to use to me at all. And I'm pretty sure it's going to fall apart if I try an wash the cover. They offered to sell me a new cover, but I told them I'd rather go buy a Graco carseat.

June 17th, 2017, 04:36 AM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah... that doesn't sound "fine". Besides, there's going to be a point you need to wash it, because throw up happens, and it happens in the most inconvenient way possible.

I personally have graco seats. The one I had for DD2 is a "light weight", which really isn't all that light, but I guess compared to others, it would be. It's hard enough to get car seats to fit in cars as it is, if it doesn't even fit in a minivan, I'd be mad as hell, lol.

June 17th, 2017, 12:55 PM
We were really really unhappy with all the graco seats I looked at. I'm a carseat nut, I love them. I'm always playing with seats in the store and found the lowest straps to be really high on all the new Gracos and the padding to be really crappy. A far cry from their new convertible seats. And since we have a graco stroller, we needed a seat that is similarly shaped so I can strap it in with a luggage strap for airport use.. that left us with evenflo.

I complained to BRU last night about the situation, took responsibility for the cats, but said that there's no reason cats with well trimmed nails should be able to do this kind of damage to a well made carseat. Bite marks I get... and those might seal up after washing and drying.. but this seat is going to fall apart in the wash in no time.

And I mean, I checked the cats nails Thursday night after discovering the damage and none had any sharp ones on their front claws. I keep them really short because of hub's thin skin.

My mom's doing a virtual shower online for me, I added a graco carseat (not the one I'd want.. but that's only at BRU). If we can get enough either bought for us, or given to us in cash (my family does a lot of cash sending for showers due to being spread all over), we might just buy a new seat anyway.

June 19th, 2017, 09:05 AM
BRU sent me back a form letter that didn't even match my complaint to start with... lovely. Then they sent me a customer satisfaction survey.. yeah.. gave them all 0's for that one!

June 19th, 2017, 03:48 PM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by plan4fate View Post
BRU sent me back a form letter that didn't even match my complaint to start with... lovely. Then they sent me a customer satisfaction survey.. yeah.. gave them all 0's for that one!
LOL!

June 19th, 2017, 03:50 PM
It's ok.. I've got about $500 left to buy.. I'll just be doing so with Amazon instead of bru.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search