Wedding Bells?

Forum: Australian and NZ Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Australian and NZ Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2006, 03:59 AM
Stacia
sugardroplets I just noticed your ticker. Congratulations on your wedding! You must be getting excited with only one month to go.

Andrew and I are "officially" getting married in the US in November but are thinking about getting married when we are in the Whitsundays next month.

What part of Melbourne are you in? I lived there for about a year in Warrandyte, I loved it there.

I also noticed you ARE in my DDC. Sorry I didn't notice before
April 12th, 2006, 03:12 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
sugardroplets I just noticed your ticker. Congratulations on your wedding! You must be getting excited with only one month to go.

Andrew and I are "officially" getting married in the US in November but are thinking about getting married when we are in the Whitsundays next month.

What part of Melbourne are you in? I lived there for about a year in Warrandyte, I loved it there.

I also noticed you ARE in my DDC. Sorry I didn't notice before [/b]
Thank you. I think I'm more nervous than excited. My dress isn't ready, my fingers are swollen so my ring may not fit... I never thought I would be nearly 20 weeks pregnant when I got married but we don't want to change the date as its also our 3rd anniversary. Rodger and I were thinking of eloping to somewhere exotic too but we changed our minds, now I wanna change back.

Ohh I'm right next to Warrandyte, in Ringwood. Lovely area in parts.

I'm actaully not the Sept DDC but since I'm due OCT 1 its often easier that I post questions there as you are all ahead of me and may have experianced what I need an answer too recently.

Mellie

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 12th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss. Impatient Bevis
i was the co-host of the Sept DDC when it first came up... but then i was having a few problems and they didnt expect me to make it this far with my little boy.... the girls there are really cool..... i just havent gone back yet.....

April 12th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Stacia
Everyone I meet from Melbourne is either from Eltham or Ringwood. I was on a couple of acres right on the river, it was so hard to leave.

Mellie your wedding day will be wonderful. If your wedding ring doesn't fit it'll just give you something to laugh about on your first wedding anniversary.

Krista I think you left about the same time I joined. I had a few problems in the beginning as well but everything seems to have come good now. Happy things are going better for you. You should come back to the DDC. It took me awhile to get into it but now I'm really happy I did. The silly stuff some of the women in there carry on with makes the pregnancy so much easier to get through.
May 7th, 2006, 08:42 PM
kahlia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Mellie,
i live right near you! how wierd! i got married in january at the lilydale lake! where abouts are you getting married? i was five months pregnant when we got married and we just so happened to choose the hottest day of the year! i think it was 44 degrees...not so fun in a full blown wedding gown! haha
good luck with everything
May 8th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Hey Mellie,
i live right near you! how wierd! i got married in january at the lilydale lake! where abouts are you getting married? i was five months pregnant when we got married and we just so happened to choose the hottest day of the year! i think it was 44 degrees...not so fun in a full blown wedding gown! haha
good luck with everything[/b]
Oh wow! That is weird. At first we looked at getting married up in Lilydale but couldn't find anywhere within our budget, so we're getting married at my Mum's in Rowville. Not exactly flash but cheap (free!!). I bet its gonna rain all day on Friday and be cold. To top it off we have a 10:30am start time so there isn't much time to get photos in before people start to arrive.

Aaargh no wonder I'm so stressed!!

May 8th, 2006, 05:08 AM
well like i said we got married at the lake and then had the reception there... i was checking the weather constantly to see if we needed to book some where else because the reception was going to be by the lake with a marquee. the weather was meant to be fine but well, yeah it turned out to be the hottest day of the year! i had many many things go wrong but it was still the best day of my life! nothing could change that! it's pretty funny actually because my sister got married the year before and it was meant to be a garden wedding and it flooded....one extreme to the other! no matter what happens i'm sure your day will be perfect!

trust me i know how stressful it can be! if there are any last min things you need feel free to ask!
May 9th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Quote:
well like i said we got married at the lake and then had the reception there... i was checking the weather constantly to see if we needed to book some where else because the reception was going to be by the lake with a marquee. the weather was meant to be fine but well, yeah it turned out to be the hottest day of the year! i had many many things go wrong but it was still the best day of my life! nothing could change that! it's pretty funny actually because my sister got married the year before and it was meant to be a garden wedding and it flooded....one extreme to the other! no matter what happens i'm sure your day will be perfect!

trust me i know how stressful it can be! if there are any last min things you need feel free to ask![/b]
So far all forecasts are saying 16 and drizzle. I can live with that.

I'm only stressed about two things now. My mother for one. She's a control freak who loves to be the centre of attention and does everything she can to make sure that she is. She even wants to change parts of the ceremony and wants control of what photos are taken and who is and isn't in. Luckily our photgrapher is a friend and knows not to listen to her and there can be no more changes to the ceremony coz its too late.

Secondly, I don't have flowers yet. I priced a few different places in the city but for wedding flowers they wanted so much. So my diy brain thought no probs, I'll buy them the day before and do it myself. I'm worried they won't have the ones I want, although I'm sure I'll find suitable ones. All I have to find is a florist. I only know of one near me, so Thursday may just be sent in the car looking for flowers.

I can't wait to get away on the weekend. I just want the whole thing to be over and done with.

May 9th, 2006, 02:19 AM
i did my own flowers aswell because it was just easier and alot cheaper. i got lots of red roses for me and my bridesmaids had white. i just went down to the florest and ordered so many dozen to be ready on the day, then we just took the leaves off and wrapped them with ribbon i liked them. i also got the rose petals for my flower girls from there. i had 4 bridesmaids who carried about a dozen and a half each and i had 4 dozen and the 2 flower girls had ooddles of petals and it cost us under $100. i went to the florist in chirnside park if that helps?

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f170/kah...g/Number113.jpg

you can get the gist of it from that picture......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search