can someone

Forum: Australian and NZ Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Australian and NZ Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss. Impatient Bevis
i want a meat pie.... someone send me one?? i hate that they are not available in the stores in the US.... i tried making some even and they turned out all wrong.... dang it.... i cant wait to get back home in July so that i can spend 2 weeks eating and then regret it when i get back here... lol
mmmmnnnnn metwhurst.....

oh and hey... can you ladies tell me.... am i the only one that eats lemon juice and sugar on my pancakes.... i thought it was Aussie culture.... but my DH keeps telling me different

April 12th, 2006, 09:02 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
i want a meat pie.... someone send me one?? i hate that they are not available in the stores in the US.... i tried making some even and they turned out all wrong.... dang it.... i cant wait to get back home in July so that i can spend 2 weeks eating and then regret it when i get back here... lol
mmmmnnnnn metwhurst.....

oh and hey... can you ladies tell me.... am i the only one that eats lemon juice and sugar on my pancakes.... i thought it was Aussie culture.... but my DH keeps telling me different[/b]
OMG no meat pies!!! How do you cope?

You are not different. I eat lemon juice and sugar on my pancakes all the time.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 12th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Stacia
It's funny, I hated meat pies until I got pregnant. Now I love them, there is a pie cart down at Woolloomooloo near where I work that has the best meat pies. I can justify it as well since I have to walk up a huge hill to get back to work.

I lived my first 24 years in the states and never once had lemon juice and sugar on pancakes until I came over here. I thought it was an Aussie thing.
April 13th, 2006, 01:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
mmmmnnnnn metwhurst.....

oh and hey... can you ladies tell me.... am i the only one that eats lemon juice and sugar on my pancakes.... i thought it was Aussie culture.... but my DH keeps telling me different[/b]
This is SO weird there are alot of us Aussies over there and alot of Americans here and then theres those of us with partners of the other...if that makes sense like I mean I'm Aussie with my American Fiancee and we live here.......strange lol Sorry I'll stop thinking lol

Anyways I feel so bad for you Kristal I always have to have a meat pie when we're watching the footy on Friday or Saturday nights lol with gravy and mash potato YUM!! There must be some way you can get them like off the net or something but it's probably REALLY expensive huh?? I could get a recipe for you off my grandmother and you can try it out if you want might work out differently the next time lol I remeber my DF's brother the first time he heard of a maet pie thinking it was the most disgusting idea in the world cause he was comparing it to the fruit pies lol

Lemon and sugar on pancakes is the ONLY way to eat them!!! I love it! Dunno if it's an Aussie thing though...

</div>
April 13th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss. Impatient Bevis
yeah i can get em offa the internet for a grand total of about $100US <---($150 AUD) for 12.... so i dont think i will be paying that much to get em.... i just need to get a good recipe.... i need to talk to balfours to get their recipe... cause them ones are the best.....
there was a little pie shop owned by Australians in Seattle when i was living in Washington... but now i live about 16 hours away.... so i cant go there..... im gonna have a break down if i dont get a pie fix soon....
oh and BTW my DH thought that it was the grossest thing ever to get meat covered in pastry and put Ketchup (sauce) all over it..... until he tried it... then he said it wasnt too bad..... Ill get him to come around and buy me a pie shop lol

April 16th, 2006, 01:47 AM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lemon and sugar here too yummy makes me feel like pancakes! I thought it was a pommy thing as this is how my mum taught me to have pancakes when I was a kid, and she's English.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
April 26th, 2006, 07:42 AM
I hate meat pies, but when I am pregnant I love them. I once got Sean to drive to the local service station at midnight to get me one from those pie warmers they have there.

I am now diabetic so I can't eat sugar but before that I would only ever have lemon juice and sugar on pancakes. Now it's just jam for me...
May 3rd, 2006, 06:58 AM
Send a message via MSN to raelsrocks Send a message via Yahoo to raelsrocks
Quote:
mmmmnnnnn metwhurst.....

hey Krista.....will have some in the freezer for when you get here
May 3rd, 2006, 09:06 PM
Stacia
Not trying to rub it in but I walked down to Harry's on the wharf at Woolloomooloo for lunch today and had a chicken and mushroom pie with mashed potato, peas and gravy. I hated pies up until I got pregnant. The pies at Harry's are soooo good and cheap as well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search