Happy little vegemites??

Forum: Australian and NZ Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Australian and NZ Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OK me and my DF have been arguing about whether we'll be feeding the babies vegemite when thetime comes lol I LIVE off the stuff I have a little everyday because it's just SO good BUT my DF thinks it is the worst tasting thing on the world and reckons that it would be cruel to feed to them.

All I can say to that is my kids WILL be getting vegemite even if I have to sneak it lol But is anyone else NOT going to feed their kids vegemite? I think that eating vegemite as a kid and growing up with it is a part of Australian culture.

And for those of you who are or have partners that are not originally from Australia do you/they like it?? Or hate it to the extent that if anyone around eats it they have to go and brush their teeth??

Ok I'm going to my sisters place and taking my laundry with me! She said she would do it for me..ain't she sweet! lol

</div>
April 13th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Stacia
Vegimite is disgusting!!! I can't even stand to look at the stuff. Andrew says the kids will eat it and love it but I say making a child eat it is a form of torture!

Lucky you, wish I had someone to do my laundry! I can't trust Andrew to do it, he shrinks everything!
April 15th, 2006, 01:47 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We like vegemite in our household including DS

April 15th, 2006, 02:08 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sure why not I think I started my kids on Vegemite around 10 months, just a teensy tiny scraping on lightly done toast, they both ate it right up. For awhile it was my sons favorite spread on bread.
We all eat it here, except dh who can take it or leave it kind of thing, so he leaves it lol.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
April 27th, 2006, 03:28 AM
tracka's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to tracka
All kids should eat vegemite hehe...I've been giving it to them since they could eat...though teenaged DD had decided that she doesn't like anymore traitor!!!!!! lol

</div>
April 28th, 2006, 04:53 AM
DH and I love it. DD has it on toast occasionally but prefers Jam. DS isn't old enough to try yet. DD had it on toast from about 10 months or so, she never made a face or spat it out. If she did I wouldn't have given it to her but she didn't seem to mind.
April 30th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss. Impatient Bevis
i bought a jar over with me and DH tried it without toast (yeah even after a warning he still ate a huge chunk offa his finger-idiot) and he of course hated it.... Tahnee loved it when she was in Australia... im not sure how she would go with it now that she hasnt had any for about a year.... I miss the stuff and cant wait to get back to aus so that i can get some and eat it.... ill have to give Kayla a piece of toast with it on when we get there too.. see how she goes.....
man i miss the aussie food....
i also hate the fact that i now have a cell phone and not a mobile... and i wear a sweater instead of a jumper..... i still watch the side of the road for kangaroos when im driving at night.. but i only see deer

May 1st, 2006, 05:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
i bought a jar over with me and DH tried it without toast (yeah even after a warning he still ate a huge chunk offa his finger-idiot) and he of course hated it.... Tahnee loved it when she was in Australia... im not sure how she would go with it now that she hasnt had any for about a year.... I miss the stuff and cant wait to get back to aus so that i can get some and eat it.... ill have to give Kayla a piece of toast with it on when we get there too.. see how she goes.....
man i miss the aussie food....
i also hate the fact that i now have a cell phone and not a mobile... and i wear a sweater instead of a jumper..... i still watch the side of the road for kangaroos when im driving at night.. but i only see deer [/b]
I don't know HOW you can do it!! I couldn't move away from Australia!! Me and my DF have seriously thought about it and were going to go through with it but I just think of the things that America doesn't have and I can't! It would cost us a FORTUNE to get enough vegemite sent over to keep me happy lol I couldn't call a jumper a sweater and I will ALWAYS have a mobile lol AND i eat Banarnars!! NOT baNANas LOL I lvoe it when my DF says that!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search