Boy clothing..

Forum: Australian and NZ Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Australian and NZ Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2006, 07:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been shopping lately for clothes that I can buy to stock up on for the twins and EVERYWHERE I go there is NO selection for baby boys!! There is like one rack dedicated to blue things and then 10 for pretty pink thinks it's really bugging me because I can't find any really cute boy outfits!

Anyone know where I can get some??

</div>
May 1st, 2006, 11:31 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what about ebay? they have online stores as well. (www.ebay.com.au)

May 2nd, 2006, 01:02 AM
Super Mommy
it depends what you're after i guess... i had a july baby last year so bought bonds wondersuits from Big W as you can get them for around $13 for a pack of two. Also a friend of mine got me packs of FOUR Bonds wondersuits for $13 when Big W or Target had a sale (the bonds wondersuits tend to be better quality than a lot of the others and have more room in the feet - a tip from my SIL and she was right). There are huge sales of bunny rugs etc to be had in the end of financial year sales at Target. I do agree it is harder to find boys clothes. We went to buy our ds togs in Target and there was one 'end of aisle' rack of boths togs, and 3 full aisles of pink girls togs - geez parents must get sick of choosing pink, pink or pink too?? I love the Bonds stuff where a lot of the cute stuff is sold at Big W and Kmart. Myer sell heaps of cute bonds stuff but at higher prices - ie. the same wondersuits I got from Big W (ie working out at about $7.50 each or less if there was a sale), my cousin was buying one wondersuit from Myer for around $17. They're the same thing - although sometimes the Myer ones do have cute motifs and I did buy one there in a sale... so it all depends what you want to buy and how much you want to spend. I would say, don't forget they won't be in 000 for too long, however if you're having twins, you probably need to buy 0000's anyway!!!

And yes, Pumpkin Patch do have gorgeous stuff. On their website they have seasonal sales so you can pick up some cute stuff at good prices for following seasons. My little boy has some Pumpkin Patch stuff but mostly gifts as I'm not as arule, going to be spending that much on clothes that he grows out of so quickly - he's 10 months old now and wears size 0 and size 1 - some great clothes we were given as gifts he grew out of after 1 or 2 wears - such a shame!

Good Luck and try to enjoy the shopping - I loved it!!

May 2nd, 2006, 04:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been buying bits and pieces in the sales that have been going on like Target just had a sale where they were selling the coveralls for $4.50 but I bought them in 000 because I have no idea how big the boys are going to be! I have gotten quite a few things in 0000 and some in 00000 just incase but I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on winter clothing that they may not be big enough to wear during winter (if that makes sense) ad I also don't want to spend loads of money on clothes they may never fit into such as the 00000.

The more expensive places like Pumpkin Patch I think I'll wait until I know the right size before I go spending all that money on them it would be such a waste if I got clothes they could never wear.

I guess I'll just have to keep looking! I will try ebay though....I'm a bit sared but we'll see! :S lol

</div>
May 4th, 2006, 07:19 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I bought them in 000 because I have no idea how big the boys are going to be! I have gotten quite a few things in 0000 and some in 00000[/b]
My friends twins were 7 lb 3 and 7 lb 6! lol larger then my ds who was a tiny 5lb 4oz and did need the 00000. Then thinking he would be small for his first autamn/winter at 7months + I bought a few 00 ahead of time and size 0 summer styles for when he would be 12 months + ah yer right, he was average sized by 5 months and outgrown the size 0 by 10 months! So I bought a few size 2 pants for this coming winter when I could see how fast he was growing, and of course he slowed right up and only needs a size 1, and the size 2 fall off his bum! Best laid plans Lucky for me I did find a pair of boys braces at myers.
So lol you really can never know!

As for where to shop, if you think it's bad now just wait till there in a size 1 and above. I spend a lot of time looking for boys clothes that I like. I basicly look everywhere. Target is pretty good for cute sets, Big W occationaly, K mart occationaly, Myers, Chain reaction has some cute cheap stuff, Pumpkin Patch has some adorable stuff in the new born section, Best & Less somtimes (lol dh calls that lest then best)
I've found great stuff on Ebay. There is a shop there that sells that US. brand Gymboree and I've also bought baby Gap online from another online shop. Other online shops I've bought from- Click to Buy, Jumping jack Flash, JK online, and Cheeky Chopers. I can post links for those if your intrested.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
May 22nd, 2006, 04:01 PM
Meagan1026's Avatar Regular
I've noticed that! when I was shopping last week, there was HALF an aisle for boys clothes! and 5 full aisles for girls! *sigh*

Us in Vienna...October 2004

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search