how long after a breakout

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
does your LO's skin return to normal? I think it takes Toby about 2 weeks of intensive cortisone/moisturizer applications, and 2 baths a day when possible before he really gets back to a non-itchy normal. He has a couple of spots left, but man, his skin is looking and feeling soo good! (knock on wood!) We were broke out for like a month I think!

September 28th, 2009, 02:24 PM
mom2nate
What is non-itchy? Nathan never not itches. No matter what we do. He will literally dig the insides of his elbows and backs of his knees until they are on the verge of bleeding...not even applying hydrocortisone or fluocinide helps at times....it's so frustrating!
September 28th, 2009, 03:33 PM
aaw poor thing! It really helped toby's worst spots to dress him in footed pajamas all day so he couldn't get to them. Especially in the bad areas, before I zipped it up, I put some extra cortisone and then lotsa crisco so it could stay nice and moist, then zip him up. He still tried to scratch but couldn't get to it as well. The nightly zyrtec helps a lot too, I think. When we was really broke out at first we did benadryl; but once it started getting better, the zyrtec is a better maintenance. getting off topic, sorry!

September 28th, 2009, 07:07 PM
mom2nate
Oh he's been on zyrtec since he was about 6 months old
September 29th, 2009, 09:25 AM
poor thing. I vaguely remember the allergist mentioning if zyrtec didn't work or if we couldn't get him under control there's like a next step up nightly med. I can't remember the name of it; have you heard anything like that?

September 29th, 2009, 11:34 AM
mom2nate
Hmm...I haven't but he goes back for allergy testing again on Oct. 20th so I will have to remember to ask the allergist about that. He has now started digging on his chin...just under his lip...I think I have it narrowed down to chocolate though now...he had chocolate milk for breakfast and then started itching behind his knee and under his lip so I'm going to see if I can have them add chocolate to the testing.
October 1st, 2009, 06:07 AM
so, I just had to come complain...I spoke too soon.Toby's broken out again

Last edited by Jennmarie; October 6th, 2009 at 08:56 AM.
October 1st, 2009, 12:04 PM
mom2nate
Hmm...yes I do complain every now and then....
October 2nd, 2009, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2nate View Post
Hmm...yes I do complain every now and then....
omg I'm so sorry!!!!!!!! I didn't mean you. I was complaining; cause Toby was broke out again! I'm sorry if you thought I meant you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search