Halloween's Coming!!!!

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I ran across this list, and thought I'd post it. It is a list of candies that are ok--for PEANUT allergies ONLY. It doesn't have a breakdown of egg/soy ingredients, but a lot of things that have been peanut free have been soy free too; just always read the label. But, I thought it could be helpful.

Candy
-Kit Kat
-Coffee Crisp
-Aero
-Aero Caramel
-Mirage
-Smarties

Halloween Kisses 300g
-Halloween Kisses –Bulk
-Karnival Pops 404g -2lb Mega Mix
-Halloween Kisses 600g -Witch Pops
-Karnival Pops 960g
-Halloween Kisses (Wal-Mart) 2 lb
-Pumpkin Pops
-Bulk Karnival Pops 5

Halloween Products
(Products made in a Non-Peanut/Non-Nut Facility)
-Swedish Berries 12ct
-Gummies 12ct (200g)
-Sour Watermelon Slices 12ct (200g)
-Maynards Wine Gums 240g
-75ct Treatsize Assortment
-Bulk Jube Pumpkins
-Sour Patch Kids 12ct
-Tangy Wild Strawberries 12ct (200g)
-Kids Sugar Pack 26ct (SPK/Blasters/Fuzzy Peach)
-Maynards Wine Gums 240g (Sears)
-75ct Treatsize Assortment(Sears)
-Sour Cherry Blasters 12ct
-Fuzzy Peach 12ct (200g)
-Chewy Sugar Pack 26ct (Gummies/Berries/Crush)
-Crush Pops -180g

CHARMS COMPANY (division of Tootsie)
-Blow Pops
-Charms Squares
-Super Blow Pops
-Charms Sour Balls
-Charms Pops
-Family Fun
-Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Da Pops
-Pops Galore
-Fluffy Stuff
-Cotton Candy
-Andes Mints
-Sugar Daddy Pops
-Sugar Babies

Tootsie Roll
www.tootsie.com

-Tootsie Rolls
-Tootsie Pops
-Flavor Roll Twisties
CAMBRIDGE BRANDS, INC. (division of Tootsie)

-Junior Mints
-Charleston Chew
-Junior Caramels Tootsie Peppermint Pops
-Frooties
-Caramel Apple Pops
-Dots
-Fruit Smoothie Pops
-Tropical Dots
-Hot Chocolate Pops
-Crows
-Child’s Play

Dum Dum lollipops
-Saf-T-Pops
-Picture Pops
-Astro Pops
-Candy canes
-Candy Cane Classics
-Circus peanuts

Nestle and Willy Wonka
1-800-276-8504
www.nestleusa.com

-Nerds
-Runts
-Sweet Tarts
-Shock Tarts
are all examples, there are others please read all labels

-Starburst Fruit Chew Lollipops
-Starburst Jelly Beans
-Skittles

-Mike & Ike
-Hot Tamales
-Zours
-Marshmallow peeps
-Teenee Beanee Jelly Beans
-Just Born Jelly Beans

-York peppermint patties
-Twizzlers
-Rolos -Sixlets -regular Hershey bar -York peppermint patties
-certain Hershey's kisses (not all.. some holiday kisses may have warnings on them)

-Dubble Bubble
-Bubble Blox
-Candy Blox
-Razzles
-Tongue Splashers
-Candy Stampers
-Tear Jerkers (bubble gum)

-Fruit roll ups
-Fruit by the foot
-Scooby-Doo fruit snacks

October 19th, 2009, 05:04 PM
mom2nate
Hmm...US kit kats have the warning on the label....(at least my frozen one in the freezer does) Although I know that the ones in Canada are peanut allergy safe. It really frustrates me b/c the US is supposed to be so cutting edge and first for everything but hello our candy selection for our peanut allergy kids sucks!

Sorry....kind of turned into a little rant
October 20th, 2009, 12:09 PM
wow that's strange! Yea, labels is a big annoyance for me. It isn't helpful to me to get "this food could possibly at one time may or may not have been around one of the 7 major allergens." But the difference between countries is interesting. it *definately* goes back to making sure you read the labels.... and reread...and reread.....

October 24th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate when the label says it's free of the allergen, but there's a warnign syaing it COULD have come into contact with... what's the point of leaving out the allergen if it MAY come into contact with it anyway?!?!?!?!?

October 25th, 2009, 01:08 PM
my thoughts exactly. Oh well..maybe the FDA will catch up to us someday

October 25th, 2009, 08:06 PM
mom2nate
I'm beginning to think the FDA isn't so great. I mean they approved the H1N1 vaccines with horrible nasty dangerous adjuvants and are urging pregnant women and everyone else to get them when they have no idea whatsoever could be the side effects from these shots. Maybe not so soon but 20+ years down the road there is a real chance there could be a huge surge in MS, lupus and arthritis.....It's a tough decision but how can they approve this stuff but not approve vitamins, etc....So frustrating!
October 26th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2nate View Post
I'm beginning to think the FDA isn't so great. I mean they approved the H1N1 vaccines with horrible nasty dangerous adjuvants and are urging pregnant women and everyone else to get them when they have no idea whatsoever could be the side effects from these shots. Maybe not so soon but 20+ years down the road there is a real chance there could be a huge surge in MS, lupus and arthritis.....It's a tough decision but how can they approve this stuff but not approve vitamins, etc....So frustrating!
i heard this on tv and I'm gonna use it anyways--you are my sister from another mister!!!!
Seriously; we have got to be related or something..I am in 100% agreement!

October 26th, 2009, 05:46 PM
mom2nate
I am so confused about this **** vaccine! We had made our minds up not to get it or give it to Nate but then now I watched the Doctors and they say it's safe and had the Surgeon General on there talkign about it and it's better to get the vaccine than the flu....UGH I AM LITERALLY GOING TO GO INTO OVERDRIVE AND PULL MY HAIR OUT! I dont' know what to do....We are all 3 taking elderberry juice concentrate and vitamins and probiotics....I just don't think I can willingly inject an unknown into my child but then I have a paralyzing fear that he could get the **** flu and have serious problems.....I think I am just going to put a bubble over our house and nobody comes in and nobody goes out....order groceries over the phone and leave them at the door!
October 27th, 2009, 05:49 AM
I've went back and forth too; I let Toby get round one of it. My thing for us, is I don't get the flu shots. I got them for 3 years, while I was either pg or bf. I had a headache for 3 weeks straight after that, and still got a nasty version of the flu-all 3 years! So I'm pretty much done with the flu, and do a lot of vitamins and air-borne for me. I don't want to get sick, and don't want the boys sick, but I just don't know if the vax is worth it....Doc has reassured me a couple of times that the kids who have big problems with the flu are kids who have trouble coughing-that's number 1, cause it leads to pneumonia. And the other thing he kept telling me is if you are suspecting the flu b/c of high fevers etc; not to use motrin. Somehow it can throw off bacteria in the child's body and make them sicker. So that's what we are going on and hoping for.

October 28th, 2009, 11:37 AM
mom2nate
So you're not doing the H1N1 vaccs for your kids? It is just so tough. Nathan's dr. says "well I am giving it to my kids"...but what happens 20 years down the road to the kids who've gotten this shot? WE DON"T KNOW>>>>>that freaking scares me pantless! Do we take our chances on nature or do we take our chances with man made science????? UGH!!!! My hair is already falling out from my thyroid like I need a reason to lose more hair!
October 28th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I decided not to for a couple of reasons, but mainly because they both stay at home for the most part, and I have decent sanitation practices. DH works in the woods, so he's pretty much by himself much of the day, I do the grocery shopping; so the boys are not exposed to much at all at this point. If we had them in daycare or something, I'd probably be (much) more influenced to get the shot. I have concerns about vaxes in general too, they make me very nervous. Flu and chickenpox are the only ones we aren't doing right now though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search