Nate's Appointment

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2009, 10:30 AM
mom2nate
It went really well, other than the dr. not even getting to the office until 930. Our appt. was at 9 and he had 1 in front of us!

GREAT NEWS!!!! His reaction to peanuts was 0 ZERO!!! WOOHOO! I was excited. Then the dr. reminded me that it was nothing to get too excited about (I disagree) b/c it was just 0 because I haven't been feeding him peanuts. WHAT?!? Really what exactly does that mean? So if I had been feeding him peanuts would it still have been a 4+ reaction like 2 years ago? I am confused on that one. But I am still excited about it b/c he said next year he would consider doing a food challenge in the office with massive amts. of peanut butter (um good luck with that and Mr. Picky Eater) and see what happens...So I am excited. I really believe that somehow this peanut reaction was not 100% in the first place. Wishful thinking maybe

Still way allergic to cats and a 2+ reaction to dogs...so he said stay away from pets...hard to do when every member of our family has multiple cats and some have dogs but we do our best. At least it's an excuse to not have to go to some family members house

His main 2 reactions/allergies was dust and cats, just like last time.

I have faith that b/c his peanut allergy was so minimal he will outgrow it totally.....
October 20th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay; I'm so glad it went well. And I'm glad he didn't show a peanut allergy. I'd be excited about it too!

October 29th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
With the peanut test if he has not been exposed to it his body will "forget" about the reaction for a test. If he is exposed to it through eating it, etc he could still be "reminded" that he has the allergy and have a severe reaciton. Especially if his score was 4+ last time. That is the reason for the in office food challenge. If he has an ANA reaction they can treat him immediately. I forgot how old he is but here are the stats as far as I can remember them.

by age 3-60% that will outgrow an allergy have outgrown it.
by age 9-90% that will outgrow an allergy have outgrown it.

Those may be off a bit for the 9 yr old but I know the 3 yr old part is accurate as that is our next step. If he is going to be three next year that may be why he wants to test then. If he is exposed to the allergen before his body has time to adjust to not thinking that the peanut butter is poison he will start back up at a 4+ more than likely but if his body is given time to heal itself and reorganize its internal information he will be better off in the long run.

Hope that helps!

Sarah and Danny

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search