Recipes!

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alright ladies, this is our official recipes thread. Please feel free to post as many allergy-free recipes as you like! When you post a recipe, please specify what the recipe is free of. For example "dairy, egg, soy, nut free chocolate icing" as the title, then have the recipe follow. This will make it easy for everyone to skim through and find the recipe they either need or can adapt to make it work! Thanks so much!

A list of common substitions:
Instead of eggs, use "Ener-G Egg replacer", following directions on the box.
Instead of (cow's) milk, you can use soy, rice, almond, or coconut milk. There are also these versions of other dairy products (yogurt, cheese, etc.)
Instead of vegetable oil in baking, you can use applesauce.
If wheat/gluten are the problem, you can use rice flour.

February 23rd, 2010, 12:33 PM
Veteran
i love this idea and i'll get some recipes together and share

Dylan loves school and anything to do with learning (counting, reading & math). This spring he started another season of soccer, as well as playing Tee Ball for the first time. He new favorite toys are Transformers & WWE Wrestling figurines. He loves to color and be artistic. He's currently finishing Kindergarten.

Delaney has eczema due to allergies. She's Egg-Free, Wheat/Gluten-Free, Peanut-Free & Citrus Fruits-Free. She's lefty and the rest of us in the house are righty. She loves Yo Gabba Gabba, Pinocchio, Princess Snow White, Aurora, Belle & Care Bears. We're currently working on potty training, but it's not going well......

February 27th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I made this for my kids yesterday. Something yummy on a cold winter day!

DAIRY FREE HOT COCOA (from The Food Allergy Mama)

Yield: 4 servings

1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Hershey’s)

1/3 c. granulated sugar

1/2 c. water

3 1/4 c. plain soy or rice milk

Allergen free marshmallows, for topping, if desired (I use Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallows)

In a medium saucepan combine cocoa powder and granulated sugar with wire whisk. Add water and heat mixture over medium high heat until it comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Slowly whisk in soy milk and reduce heat. Simmer five minutes and serve in fun mugs with allergen free marshmallows.

Jenn

Last edited by Tweetybabies; March 2nd, 2010 at 05:58 AM.
March 2nd, 2010, 05:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Gluten Free Dairy Free Classic Rice Crispy Treats

1/4 cup Butter or Margarine (I've used Blue Bonnet Light or Fleischmann's unsalted margarine)

1 pkg. (10 1/2-oz.) Miniature Marshmallows (I use Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallows)

6 cups Gluten Free rice crispy cereal (I've used Arrowhead Mills Puffed Rice but others I would try are Erewhon GF Crispy Brown Rice Cereal, Nature's Path Organic Crispy Rice or even Rice Chex)

1 tsp. Gluten Free Vanilla (I use McCormick)

* Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan

* Melt margarine over low heat in a large pan.

* Add marshmallows to melted butter and stir over low heat until melted. Remove pan from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.

* Stir in rice cereal and gently coat cereal with marshmallow mixture.

* Pour rice mixture into prepared pan. With buttered (margarined?) fingers press the mixture flat.

* Cut into squares when cool and enjoy!

Jenn
March 4th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My son loved these! He had 3 pieces last night for dessert.

Call Me Blondies (from Vegan Cookies Take Over the World)

3 oz firm silken tofu (~1/4 of the package)
1/4 cup nondairy milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract - I use McCormick
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour - I use Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Flour 1:1 plus 2 tbs flour as per the author
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips - I use Enjoy Life semi sweet chocolate chips

1 - Preheat oven to 325 F. Line an 8 X 8 in brownie pan with parchment paper; it should cover the bottom as well as curve up and cover the sides.

2 - Puree the tofu, nondairy milk and oil in a blender or food processor until smooth and fluffy. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides to make sure you get everything.

3 - Transfer the tofu mixture to a mixing bowl. Use a fork to vigorously mix in the sugars. Add the vanilla.

4 - Sift in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Use a spatula to fold and mix the batter until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips. Transfer the batter to the pan and smooth out the top. It's okay if the batter doesn't sink all the way into the sides and edges of pan, as it will spread a bit during baking. Bake for 27 to 30 minutes; the sides of the blondies should be just slightly browned. Remove the pan from the oven and let the blondies cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.

Jenn
March 6th, 2010, 07:20 AM
In the veggie dept...we have "fried" veggies before using crushed cheerios...or if you bake a dish/casserole you could use this idea as the crumb topping.

March 7th, 2010, 07:38 PM
divamomma's Avatar Veteran
EGG SUBSTITUTE

Mix 1 tsp baking powder, 1 TBSP water and 1 TBSP oil.
Replaces one egg....double for 2 etc.

I have made pancakes, muffins and cookies with this and it is no different! Looks the same, tastes the same!!

Last edited by divamomma; March 8th, 2010 at 08:25 AM.
March 8th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I'm making this tomorrow for supper, leaving out the worcesteshire sauce amd hot sauce...for at least one and maybe two I will layer the meaty stuff w/ mozarrella cheese. But for the boys just the basics. I might mix up some cheerios to put on the top as a topping too for theirs.
Dad's Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe | Simply Recipes

July 17th, 2010, 02:40 PM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
Quote:
Originally Posted by divamomma View Post
EGG SUBSTITUTE

Mix 1 tsp baking powder, 1 TBSP water and 1 TBSP oil.
Replaces one egg....double for 2 etc.

I have made pancakes, muffins and cookies with this and it is no different! Looks the same, tastes the same!!
I was going to say this, but the recipe I have says baking powder, water & vinegar. Same thing though & works awesome!

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

July 18th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ScrappyMom* View Post
I was going to say this, but the recipe I have says baking powder, water & vinegar. Same thing though & works awesome!
I love all the varieties!! It makes it easy to pull this thread up then I can see what I have in the pantry.

July 18th, 2010, 08:58 PM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
I will have to get recipes from a friend of mine. Her son had severe allergies to dairy, and is also severely allergic to nuts & eggs. She had tons of recipes for dairy/egg free baking!

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

December 6th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Yummy Chocolate Cookies:
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water(or milk)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 stick or 1/2 cup butter
Combine these and bring just to a boil in a sauce pan.
Remove from heat and stir in your choice of

1/2 peanut butter(or substitute)
or about 1 cup of raisins works well too.
Stir in 3 cups quick-cooking oats
Drop by spoonfuls onto wax/foil, and let sit for 30-45 minutes. I popped mine in the freezer for about 10 minutes to speed this up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search