Can I join too!!!

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2006, 10:35 AM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
Hi all. My name is Rebecca and I have three children. Both my girls have allergies. Lilly who is four is lactose intolerant. She can eat one thing a week that has dairy in it. Any more than that and she is one sick little girl. She has had this allergy since she was born so we are pretty used to it now but it is still a pain to cook. Sadie is six and she has an allergy to fluoride. Strange I know. She has had seizures since she was 10 months old and they could never figure out what was causing them. Things really started to come together about a year and a half ago when I realized that when she was 10 months old, I stopped buying special water for her formula and every time she went to the dentist, she ended up in the hospital. Her neurologist calls what we are doing "my osmosis theory". We have cut out all fluoride in our house. It is hard and can get expensive but it is best. There are so many things that have fluoride in them that is makes it difficult to cook in my house. She has been seizure free for over a year and is doing so much better. I hope to get to know some others who have food issues that understand what we go through everyday!

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
April 17th, 2006, 08:58 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome!
wow, i've never heard of a fluoride allergy........guess i never really thought of how many things have fluoride in them until now! i bet it is hard to cook at your house!
i am fortunate so far, the only thing DS is allergic to is peanut products. Kendall (my DD) isn't allergic to anything yet, but i won't be too surprised if something develops in the future due to all of the various allergies i have.
hope to see you around!
April 20th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search