Do you know what really irks me?

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2006, 10:49 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Damen (DS) is allergic to Peanuts/Peanut Butter. He had a reaction a while ago with blisters breaking out on his tongue. so, we told his daycare (who still serves PB&J sandwiches - i thought schools stopped serving that because of the high amount of peanut allergies) to stop giving him peanut butter. they said the couldn't do that. we said, well, don't give him a sandwich then - they can't do that either. we said ok then, he'll bring his lunch or i will come and take him out for lunch on days that you serve PB. they said we can't do THAT either. they said we would have to have a dr.'s order for them not to give him PB.
does that seem ridiculous to anyone else? isn't the parent's order for them not to serve a certain type of food to a child enough? shouldn't what the parent says be the final word?
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

so - needless to say, they still give damen peanut butter sandwiches. Luckily, my child is a strong, stubborn kid and refuses to eat it. we have drilled it into him that if they ever try to make him eat PB to say no, call daddy. and he tells us when he comes home that they served PB and he didn't eat it cuz it makes his tongue hurt. he is such a big boy. as soon as we get insurance (no health insurance right not) we're gonna take him to the allergist just so i don't have to worry about him inadvertantly getting PB at school.
April 20th, 2006, 03:46 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would have sicked a lawyer on them. That is just a lawsuit waiting to happen.

April 20th, 2006, 05:46 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. I used to work in a daycare as a preschool teacher and I can tell you that they are lying to you. You do not need a note from a doctor. They are just being lazy and do not want to go through the trouble of having to get him a different meal. I would talk to the director and explain to her that he can not have peanut products and that them refuseing to give him anything else is beyond stupid. I would also be searching for another daycare because if they would knowingly and willingly give your child something that he is allergic to then it doesn't sound like a very good place for him to be. JMO. I hope that helps. Good Luck to you.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
April 21st, 2006, 03:39 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
Okay, I think, not only are they just plain dumb, they are negligent.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
April 22nd, 2006, 12:25 PM
NCMomma2BE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe the nerve of some people!

<div align="center"></div>

*We loved you from the very start, you stole our breath, embraced our hearts. Our life together has just begun, the most precious gift, our little one!*</span>
<span style="color:#3366FF">~Sara~ Mommy to Rylee 6.30.06, wife to Chris 1.6.04 & married on 1.24.07
May 30th, 2006, 06:37 PM
lilangel91284's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. I used to work in a daycare as a preschool teacher and I can tell you that they are lying to you. You do not need a note from a doctor. They are just being lazy and do not want to go through the trouble of having to get him a different meal. I would talk to the director and explain to her that he can not have peanut products and that them refuseing to give him anything else is beyond stupid. I would also be searching for another daycare because if they would knowingly and willingly give your child something that he is allergic to then it doesn't sound like a very good place for him to be. JMO. I hope that helps. Good Luck to you.[/b]
DITTO. I worked at a daycare as well and they flat out lied to you. I would really look for a new daycare.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search