allergy testing

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2006, 06:35 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What type of allergy testing have your kiddos had? Zack had skin testing and Ethan has had a RAST and we're planning to do another RAST when he's a year old.

Have you had to fight for allergy testing or was your pedi supportive of it?

April 21st, 2006, 03:46 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
My oldest had a back scratch test when he was about 5yrs old. It was very painful for him. Recently we both had the blood draw test.

Our Dr. was for the blood draw, we see a naturopathic Dr. she is fabulous. She spends at least an hour talking about problems, and solutions, she writes everything down and we never have to see a nurse or wait around much at all. I have had a pedi. refuse to allow testing though.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
April 29th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Virgo80's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Virgo80 Send a message via Yahoo to Virgo80
My oldest, Kaiden has so many issues with lots of foods. He is now battling a sudden dairy allergy again also. I asked his doctor last month when taking Landen about doing an allergy test on Kman and he refused it. he told me to feed him bland things and then make note of what bothers him and then just to not feed it to him.
He was born with a protein allergy that faded but now with the dairy peaking its head again I am seriously debating switching doctors.
May 2nd, 2006, 10:37 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
I would switch. We see a naturopathic that is marvelous. She spends like 60-90 minutes talking to us about things in regards to health/growth/development/issues. I really like her. We never see a nurse or anything. Some naturopathics are better than others. If you find some and your insurance will cover it, shop around to find out what fits your needs. Our naturopathic believes in natural remedies first and if that doesn't work, conventional medicine.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search