hospitalization with food allergies...

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Okay so first off Danny had a stomach bug...just diarrhea...that started last Thursday and kept getting worse over the weekend. He was finally so dehydrated 2 days in a row that they admitted him Tuesday night/Wed. morning at 4 am. He has been at Children's Hospital since then and is expected to go home tomorrow if he will drink more which tonight he is finally starting to pick up... Anywho, the real question is if anyone else has had such issues with finding foods for their LO's to eat if they have ever been hospitalized. Danny has had either a hot dog or chicken for dinner with corn or green beans and peaches for the past three days and is getting really sick of it. For breakfast he has had bacon everyday which he loves but still...three days in a row and probably again tomorrow. The hospital has a nutrition/dietary department that is working to find foods for him but in three days that is all they have been able to come up with!

So I was just wondering if anyone else has had these issues during hospitalization.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

March 26th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, no! Poor Danny! I hope he feels better soon!

No, we've never been hospitalized. But you would think, being a hospital with a nutrition department, they would do better. What do you normally feed him? Can you advise the hospital? Would they take your suggestions? Couldn't you bring him in foods?

Jenn
March 28th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry I am just now seeing this! I have had that problem too, our hospital brought us a menu though and we picked what he would have for each meal. When I knew Logan was going to be in-tonsils/adenoids out-I brought him some stuff with us too, applesauce, bananas cheerios etc. Just some snack stuff.

March 30th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Since he was sick they wouldn't let me bring his food except his applesauce for medication. They couldn't come up with anything else so he had chicken and bacon the next day too..He finally came home Saturday afternoon. They gave me the menu to look over but even with looking at it just the names of the meals gave it away. They had tons of such and such and cheese and such and such soups or what not but the chicken nuggets, cereals, fish sticks, everything had stuff he couldn't have....it was rediculous. They had to go out to the store to get his rice milk because they didn't even have that at the hospital but it was the only thing he was allowed to drink other than sprite and pedialyte... I am glad we are home.

And everything pretty much that he eats at home is made from scratch. He can't even use most seasonings that are premixed....just plain old herbs and spices mixed on our own... I really hope he passes at least one food challenge soon....

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search