Feeling Anxious!

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2010, 05:42 PM
divamomma's Avatar Veteran
I am taking my DD for allergy testing tomorrow (Tues) afternoon. She tested positive for egg (1.19) wheat (0.56) and peanuts (0.5) on the RAST test. I am anxious about having confirmation of these allergies, of having confirmation of multiple alergies but also very anxious about the possibility of nothing being concrete. I am afraid of coming out of the appointment without anymore answers or results. Is there anything specific I should be asking at the appointment? I don't want to miss anything or leave anything out. This is all new to me. Thanks.
March 30th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry I didn't see this til today! How did it go? I didn't have any earth shattering advice for you; just would have said to share your worries with the doc. Let us know how it went! And I totally understand where you are coming from; I had the same worries!

March 30th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Oh nO!!! Same here! I hope you shared all your concerns and if you don't have concrete answers I wouldn't worry too much about it. Anything questionable they will usually have you avoid and see how it goes...maybe add it back in and see if something changes...that sort of thing. Depending on how old your LO is....sorry I can't remember...the test will not be 100% reliable unless she is older than 3...under three they use it as a guide but it is definitely not absolute. If you know of something that irritates her and doesn't show up on the test...don't add it in just because the test says she has no issues with it. If she is 100% fine with a food and the test came back positive than don't take that out unless you start to notice problems....etc. I know that is not exactly what you wanted to hear either as it isn't concrete but that is the best thing I can tell you. I hope it helps!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

April 1st, 2010, 03:07 PM
Well the dr said she does not have food allergies. Her issues (nasal congestion, rhinitis and asthma) are NOT caused by food. More likely environmental which we will test for in 2 months (she has a cold now so he didn't want to do it then). The RAST scores show a sensitivity but she is tolerating the foods (ie has had no real food related reactions) therefore should keep eating it. She is on singulair and nasonex along with a saline spray. The singulair is new. I am more confused now than before to be honest!
April 1st, 2010, 06:41 PM
mom2nate
Watch for some stuff with the Singulair....Nathan was on it for a while and was a total monster...On one of our many trips to the ped in the last few days (ear infection that wouldn't heal) I mentioned it to him and he said a lot of his parents have said it did that to their child. From what I read online it is a pretty common thing....I took him off of it (after just paying $42 for a new prescription!).....After about 3 days off of it he was back to himself.....it was horrible...
April 1st, 2010, 06:43 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we are here for you if you want to continue to look at symptoms; and for support even if you don't I'm sorry they weren't very conclusive. Trust your gut...if your gut is telling you that it is food; continue to take note and try to find evidence of that. You know her better than ANY test ever will!!!!!!!

April 6th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks all She has been on singulair for a week with no issues. Her dr did mention that there is alot of "news" out there regarding sides effects but he has not seen any of it and uses Singulair with many patients. SOrry it was not a good experience for you! I will say her nose seems to be clearing a bit so that is a bit of god news for me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search