looking for a recipe

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Veteran
i'm looking to MAKE a bread that delaney can eat (for sandwiches). she's had ener-G brown rice bread and ener-G tapioca bread. she hates them both!

has to be gluten free, wheat free, egg free, soy free, peanut free, corn free.

i have a gluten free brown rice flour in my possession, which i would think would be the substitue for the wheat in bread lol. idk.

um, any recipes you ladies recommend? or any brand of bread to try to buy her??

Dylan loves school and anything to do with learning (counting, reading & math). This spring he started another season of soccer, as well as playing Tee Ball for the first time. He new favorite toys are Transformers & WWE Wrestling figurines. He loves to color and be artistic. He's currently finishing Kindergarten.

Delaney has eczema due to allergies. She's Egg-Free, Wheat/Gluten-Free, Peanut-Free & Citrus Fruits-Free. She's lefty and the rest of us in the house are righty. She loves Yo Gabba Gabba, Pinocchio, Princess Snow White, Aurora, Belle & Care Bears. We're currently working on potty training, but it's not going well......

April 21st, 2010, 01:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Unfortunately the recipe I use is one for wheat flour... unless you know how to substitute the wheat flour?? The rest of the recipe is completely free of everything else you listed I think, lol. It uses flour, sugar, salt, yeast, oil, and water. We LOVE the recipe, and it's super inexpensive, probably even done with other flours. If you want the recipe I can post it.

Anyway, I googled, and found this: Jesse's Corn-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Sugar-Free Bread and it looks like it would be good... plus the title seems to be exactly what you requested, LOL.
April 24th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never tried making bread before, so I have no suggestions. Let us know what you think!

April 29th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Veteran
can you post your recipe, hiskid1324? thanks. and i'll check out that link this weekend.

i've never made bread, but i have a friend who has a bread maker.... so we were gonna do a test run LOL

Dylan loves school and anything to do with learning (counting, reading & math). This spring he started another season of soccer, as well as playing Tee Ball for the first time. He new favorite toys are Transformers & WWE Wrestling figurines. He loves to color and be artistic. He's currently finishing Kindergarten.

Delaney has eczema due to allergies. She's Egg-Free, Wheat/Gluten-Free, Peanut-Free & Citrus Fruits-Free. She's lefty and the rest of us in the house are righty. She loves Yo Gabba Gabba, Pinocchio, Princess Snow White, Aurora, Belle & Care Bears. We're currently working on potty training, but it's not going well......

April 29th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, this isn't designed for a bread maker-- I'm old fashioned and knead the stuff myself. It makes 4 loaves, so I suspect if you were to cut everything into 1/4 of the amount it might work in a bread maker, but here's the original recipe:

White Bread

Dissolve:

2pkg (2 Tablespoons) dry yeast in
1/2 cup warm water with
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar

Combine in large (mixer) bowl:
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon salt
1/4 cup lard, shortening or oil (I use olive oil and it works really well, especially if mixing by hand)
3 cups warm water
yeast mixture
5 cups flour

Beat 3 minutes with electric mixer, or by hand until very smooth.

Stir in by hand about 6 more cups of flour. Add last cup while kneading.

Knead 5 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic feeling.

Place in greased bowl, turn over once, cover and let rise 1/2 hour.

Punch down, turn, cover and let rise until doubled.

Knead a few minutes. Divide into 4 balls.

Form each into a loaf and place in greased pans.

Cover and let rise until doubled.

Bake @ 350F 30-35 mins. Loaves should be golden brown and sound hollow when tapped lightly.

Remove from pans and cool on racks.
April 30th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sounds YuMMY!!!

May 3rd, 2010, 03:18 PM
Veteran
thanks mama

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search