Question

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Veteran
um, that egg replacer stuff, or egg substitute stuff. omg i'm drawing a blank right now. i believe ener-G makes it. how does it work? i'm clueless on it, but hubby asked me about it and i was like "let me run to my food allergy board and ask the ladies about it"

so pass along any info i should know about it. thanks!!

Dylan loves school and anything to do with learning (counting, reading & math). This spring he started another season of soccer, as well as playing Tee Ball for the first time. He new favorite toys are Transformers & WWE Wrestling figurines. He loves to color and be artistic. He's currently finishing Kindergarten.

Delaney has eczema due to allergies. She's Egg-Free, Wheat/Gluten-Free, Peanut-Free & Citrus Fruits-Free. She's lefty and the rest of us in the house are righty. She loves Yo Gabba Gabba, Pinocchio, Princess Snow White, Aurora, Belle & Care Bears. We're currently working on potty training, but it's not going well......

April 21st, 2010, 07:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

The EnerG Egg Replacer is a powder. According to the box, 1 1/2 tsp EnerG Egg Replacer plus 2 tbs warm water equals one egg. You mix it and add to a recipe as you would an egg.

I hope that helps a little. I don't really use it that much. Honestly, I do not bake from scratch for Luc a whole lot. I've stuck with the Cherrybrook Kitchen and Pamela's mixes.

Jenn
April 21st, 2010, 12:35 PM
Veteran
thanks! i did mean the EnerG Egg Replacer. i wasn't sure what it was, how it worked or what, lol. i'm gonna have to find where they sell it by me and read the label..... i cook/bake things for delaney and i was substituting 1 cup applesauce for egg...... and i don't think she likes it that way lol.

thanks again

Dylan loves school and anything to do with learning (counting, reading & math). This spring he started another season of soccer, as well as playing Tee Ball for the first time. He new favorite toys are Transformers & WWE Wrestling figurines. He loves to color and be artistic. He's currently finishing Kindergarten.

Delaney has eczema due to allergies. She's Egg-Free, Wheat/Gluten-Free, Peanut-Free & Citrus Fruits-Free. She's lefty and the rest of us in the house are righty. She loves Yo Gabba Gabba, Pinocchio, Princess Snow White, Aurora, Belle & Care Bears. We're currently working on potty training, but it's not going well......

April 24th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
it only works in baking/partial egg recipes, not egg based recipes such as quiche or omlets, and it only works with some recipes. Some it will not rise or just not react right with the other ingredients... It is a trial and error basis with which recipes it works with.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

April 25th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3ai3ydanny View Post
it only works in baking/partial egg recipes, not egg based recipes such as quiche or omlets, and it only works with some recipes. Some it will not rise or just not react right with the other ingredients... It is a trial and error basis with which recipes it works with.
I think it has made the cupcakes I make for the boys very heavy, more brownie like than cake. I am thinking about using half of the called for..(ie instead of using enough for "3 whole eggs" I will cut it in half. See what happens, anyways. As far as how it technically works, I have no idea. I think it is just sort of a gel base to help hold the other ingredients together.

April 29th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Veteran
thanks ladies

May 3rd, 2010, 03:18 PM
Veteran
so i went to buy the egg replacer. the first ingredient is potato starch. delaney cannot have white potatoes

May 4th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
boo!!! I think there is an unflavored jello powder recipe too. Have you tried/seen that?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search