Question - NAET treatments

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Veteran
have any of you ladies taken your children to a chiropracter to get "NAET" treatments done? NAET is Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Techniques. a woman i know takes her 5 year old for these treatments and it eliminated almost all of her severe food allergies. i was thinking of looking into it, but i'm not like 100% on it. it's "holistic" medicine & i'm not sure how much i am into that.......

.....but i'm into ANYTHING that helps my child through this food allergy process.

anyone got anything to say on this topic? lol

Dylan loves school and anything to do with learning (counting, reading & math). This spring he started another season of soccer, as well as playing Tee Ball for the first time. He new favorite toys are Transformers & WWE Wrestling figurines. He loves to color and be artistic. He's currently finishing Kindergarten.

Delaney has eczema due to allergies. She's Egg-Free, Wheat/Gluten-Free, Peanut-Free & Citrus Fruits-Free. She's lefty and the rest of us in the house are righty. She loves Yo Gabba Gabba, Pinocchio, Princess Snow White, Aurora, Belle & Care Bears. We're currently working on potty training, but it's not going well......

Last edited by mommy2DnD; May 11th, 2010 at 06:39 PM.
May 11th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I read about this in a magazine. But I am hesitant to try something so out there. However, I don't know anyone who has personally done this.

Have you grilled your friend on the logistics of it all?

Jenn
May 12th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I asked our pediatrician about it today. He had never heard of it, and his oldest has multiple food allergies as well - very similar to Luc's. He said that he is going to look into it further so we can discuss it on our next visit.

We have an allergist visit at the end of the month. I'm going to ask the allergist about it, too.

Jenn
May 12th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am more into the holistic stuff, so I am very intrigued. Definately going to ask about it. Let us know if you find anything else out.

May 13th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Veteran
tweety - the chircopracter is the one who does the NAET treatments (i heard acupuncturists do it as well), so it doesn't shock me that the pediatrician is clueless, lol.

the more research i do on it, the more on board i'm getting.

DH wants me to take delaney back to the allergist for a restest of all the things she's allergic to, plus test for the things that they ruled out..... a full blood panel, i think it's called. then we'll take her to the chircopracter & talk about the NAET thing and see how it goes at the first visit.

*my allergist said she could be retested every 2 years. did your allergists say the same thing to you ladies?*

Dylan loves school and anything to do with learning (counting, reading & math). This spring he started another season of soccer, as well as playing Tee Ball for the first time. He new favorite toys are Transformers & WWE Wrestling figurines. He loves to color and be artistic. He's currently finishing Kindergarten.

Delaney has eczema due to allergies. She's Egg-Free, Wheat/Gluten-Free, Peanut-Free & Citrus Fruits-Free. She's lefty and the rest of us in the house are righty. She loves Yo Gabba Gabba, Pinocchio, Princess Snow White, Aurora, Belle & Care Bears. We're currently working on potty training, but it's not going well......

May 13th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine sort of discouraged more testing..but it was sort of a different conversation. I am going to wait to retest until things seem to have made a change. But that's just b/c our allergist is out of network on insurance, and 2 1/2 hrs away.

May 15th, 2010, 03:03 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a friend who I think this is what they did it was with a chiropractor in Colorado. It worked really well for them but it is expensive plus we are in Iowa so it is not something that is an option for us since insurance wouldn't cover it. If we could afford it I would give it a try.

My son gets retested yearly to check his allergies

[
May 17th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Danny was last tested at 13 months. No environmental allergies came up be had an allergic nose which is pretty uncommon in a 13 month old so it was obvious he had them. His allergies have been so bad this year that they are going to retest enviro's either this summer or this fall to try to target his allergens and ease the issues. (His nose has been swollen shut for a month due to allergies... ) With food allergies he recommends food challenges depending on the severity of the allergy but rarely simply redoing a test. He said that often children can outgrow an allergy but still react on the skin tests and some blood tests...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

May 17th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Veteran
thanks ladies! i'm going to call the allergist and see what he thinks about the situation..... then see if the chiro naet guy accepts our health insurance lol. that's the only way we can do the treatment............

July 10th, 2010, 07:56 AM
jeepgirl9478's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We do the NAET treatments with our natualpathic dr. I don't know if I really believe in it. We go every other week. We go back to the allergist for retesting next month so I guess I will see how it is going. Although I think she said that it doesn't get rid of the allergy( on the test), it just shows your body how to handle and react to it. I don't know its all confussing and weird to me But we thought what the heck at this point anything is worth a try. It's not like it hurts to try it. They just have her hold this little vile of stuff for a few min. and then push on some points on her body. She kind of enjoys it.

Thanks .hoodihoo.this. for the siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search