Good news - *updated*

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Veteran
k i copy and pasted this from my blog, lol.

we got to the appointment at 11:30am. it was rather busy, which is unusual for his office.... anyway, we got into the exam room at 12pm. the nurse came in fairly quickly and asked the regular questions. the doctor came in, and we chatted about the allergies. he did the RAST test (they poke her back and see how her skin reacts). now, i had said something to him about getting the bloodwork done, and he said because her IgE levels are high (that's just the way her body is), the RAST test is more reliable than bloodwork.

delaney is still allergic to egg yolk, wheat, citrus fruits and peanuts (it didn't come up as high as the others). she's also allergic to lobster.

delaney can now try: egg white, soy, crab, shrimp, clam, scallop, corn, oat, banana, sweet potato and white potato (except for the fish's, all of the above was stuff she could not eat).

i am to slowly introduce new foods, one at a time, for a week, in small amounts, and see how she reacts to it. i have to keep a journal........ and we all know i can do that steven and i will decide on what to start her with first, and i'll probably do that starting monday.

i'm just ELATED; a big burden... k idk if burden is the word i want.... is lifted. being strictly GLUTEN FREE isn't terrible, that i can handle. it's all the other **** mixed in that's the hassle.

so YAY, HAPPY POST!!!!

6/18/2010

delaney ate a french fry today. she loved it! so far, it's looking promising

Dylan loves school and anything to do with learning (counting, reading & math). This spring he started another season of soccer, as well as playing Tee Ball for the first time. He new favorite toys are Transformers & WWE Wrestling figurines. He loves to color and be artistic. He's currently finishing Kindergarten.

Delaney has eczema due to allergies. She's Egg-Free, Wheat/Gluten-Free, Peanut-Free & Citrus Fruits-Free. She's lefty and the rest of us in the house are righty. She loves Yo Gabba Gabba, Pinocchio, Princess Snow White, Aurora, Belle & Care Bears. We're currently working on potty training, but it's not going well......

Last edited by mommy2DnD; June 18th, 2010 at 11:25 AM.
June 19th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
!!! I think in the world of food allergies, any good news is a victory! I am happy for you and her!!

June 23rd, 2010, 07:22 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is great news! I know when Will could finally start eating wheat it was huge for us because it gave him so many new food options that he hadn't had before.

[
June 26th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I know what you mean about the gluten free thing. Danny's old GI said to put him on a strictly gluten free diet and see if it helps after 4 negative celiac tests but a genetic test...which basically means nothing... Anywho...yah. gluten free alone isn't a huge deal but everything else really is a pain in the neck to deal with! I am sooo glad that she is doing well so far!! I hope she continues to do well!!!!!!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search