Intro :) Hiya

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Mama Melissa's Avatar Bienvenue Canada
It seems pretty quiet here but I thought I'd stop in and say hello regardless! I'm always looking to connect with other mom's who have children with allergies so this will hopefully be a good place to share stories and get advice!

My daughter Violet was diagnosed at 13 months old with severe anaphalactic allergies to peauts and all tree nuts. It has pretty much been a nightmare for us as we adjust and learn - we often find ourselves in situations we had never thought where contamination was possible or she will suddenly have swelling and hives out of the blue.

We currently have a completely free peanut and tree nut household and we've been educating ourselves as best as possible about these allergies!

She will be 21 months old on the 20th of this month!

October 5th, 2010, 12:44 PM
CocoCake's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome, Melissa!

Sounds scary, but like you're adjusting the best you can. Did you have any suspicion she was allergic before the diagnosis?

Due to my own allergies I suspected my DD would be allergic to peanuts and always avoided them - she was in fact diagnosed potentially anaphylactic. It scary stuff.

October 10th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to our group It can be a little slow around here, but we do have a really great supportive set of ladies That does sound very scary, and she is absolutely beautiful by the way!! (While I'm handing out compliments I love your siggie Jackie!)
I'm Jenna, married to Ross. We have 2 boys, Toby and Logan. Toby is my most allergic child, but they both have just eczema type reactions. We avoid soy, peanuts, eggs, dairy and dyes; for the most part with both boys. Logan gets a slightly more varied diet than Toby; but its easier for them to just have the same thing usually. I'm glad you found us and said hi!

October 12th, 2010, 06:19 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Welcome. I am new here as well. My dd doesn't have allergies, but has celiac disease so we run into similar issues. The only difference is she doesn't have the anaphylactic problem which does make things a little easier. In some ways though it makes it harder to get people to be diligent with her care.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
October 29th, 2010, 04:53 PM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
Hi & welcome (a little late, as we adjust to our new fall schedules with school!). I am a SAHM to little men with allergies, thanks to my husband`s genes DH is allergic to nuts, penicillian & a plethora of other things, while my boys have each had reactions to nuts, as hard as I tried to keep them away from them, & penicillian. My youngest gets hives from nuts, but my oldest is anaphylactic, therefore we are a nut free home. Hope to hear more from you soon

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search