Egg allergy

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2011, 12:59 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
DS 3 and DD 14 months are being allergy tested. So far DS reacted to most trees, grasses and pollen. He hasn't had food testing yet but I don't suspect food allergies for him.

DD had testing today and I asked that they do food first because I suspected a possible egg allergy because she's thrown up both times she's had egg. She has eczema and a constant runny/stuffy nose.

As I suspected egg popped up and it was the only one of the foods that reacted. It wasn't a huge reaction but definitely a reaction and the doctor thinks she is mostly likely allergic. So he told us to completely avoid egg for now to see if it helps clear up her other issues.

I've never dealt with food allergies before. Egg seems like a hard one to avoid but not as bad as some others I guess.

January 17th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Egg is complex but most everything has at least one brand at a major grocery store without it. For baking and such you can use Ener-G Egg replacer. It is wonderful. You can use it in pancake mixes and such as well. If you can't find something without egg look into gluten free foods. They are almost always egg free because eggs are one of the most common allergens. Usually if a company takes the pains to make something gluten free they will make it free of all of the top 8 food allergens. My son, Danny, is allergic to eggs as well as many other things. He had the same reaction but amplified. It is really tough at first but gets much easier. The first time you go grocery shopping don't take anyone with you. It took me a couple of hours the first time I went after each new allergy. Good luck and WELCOME!!!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

January 18th, 2011, 07:39 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Thanks for the info. We are giving this a trial run to see if it helps to clear up her skin and nasal trouble. If it doesn't seem to help after a few weeks she won't really have to avoid eggs in things because it wasn't a severe reaction and if it's not causing the trouble there's no sense in avoiding it.

I'm not used to having to read labels so carefully so it's going to take some getting used to for sure.

January 18th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I know for sure that Natures Own whole wheat....not whole grain...is egg free and walmart brand chicken nuggets are. Those are the two that took the most time to find egg free. Hopefully that will at least help a little.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

January 24th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! It is definately daunting at first, but it becomes habit soon. You will learn what brands/labels to look for etc. Definately don't plan for a quick trip in and out the first time! Welcome to our group!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search