Food Allergies linked to Seasonal Allergies?

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; August 13th, 2011 at 11:15 PM.
January 29th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Regular
My son has both food and seasonal and environmental. He's allergic to all tree nuts, peanuts, sesame and sunflower seeds, cats, grasses, trees, pollen, cows, horses, dust is a big one and I think there are a few others I'm forgetting here.....

I have heard that seasonal/environmental allergies in the parents can result in food allergies in their kids...anyone else ever hear that?
January 29th, 2011, 11:46 PM

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; August 13th, 2011 at 11:14 PM.
January 30th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Regular
I'm not sure. My son is 4 so they didn't mention anything like that (the 4 seasons).
January 30th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
My son started seeing an allergist at 11 months old. He said he would wait to do the seasonal allergens until he was at least three because it is a but more intensive and they only want to have to do it once. It is much more accurate after the child is three than before, even by a few months. He has been treating his enviro and seasonal allergies even though he doesn't know what they are because he can tell he has them through his nose and ears..even at 11 months old he could tell which apparently isn't normal. If your son has allergic symptoms (enviro) already than the allergist will likely treat them even without knowing what they are. He will have you avoid the obvious ones like dust and mold and then try to treat the symptoms after that. Danny is supposed to go in for full enviro testing on 3/31. They will likely do seasonal then as well...

ETA: My Ex-Dh and I have no food allergies although we do have enviro allergies. Danny is allergic to eggs, milk, soy, tomatoes, carrots, red 40, and cinnamon and a mystery allergy that is ANA but we aren't sure what caused it. He is also 100% avoiding tree nuts, eggs, (which he could have a very small amount of before) and a few natural colors like annatto. He has gotten the motherload of food allergies from two parents that have NO food allergies nor does anyone in our family other than my father who has to limit his walnuts and pecans. How this happened is anyone's guess.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Last edited by i3ai3ydanny; January 30th, 2011 at 06:48 PM.
February 1st, 2011, 06:21 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah neither me or DH have any food allergies; and I didn't ever have any issues with seasonal allergies until I got pregnant with Ds1. So I've had issues since then though. Idk about the link. I wish I knew why he has them but I don't think we'll ever know. My ds2 has asthma, but only has any symptoms when he has a chest type cold/virus.

February 12th, 2011, 11:31 PM

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; August 13th, 2011 at 11:14 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search