We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Does anyone know how to rank the severe, moderate, mild responses with these? Danny had them done for mold yesterday and the response for both mold categories was wheal 5mm flare 12 mm. I don't know how severe or mild of a response that is...
ETA: They both had pseudopods (irregular shape) as well...from what I have found that means 4+. Comparably that is ANA right? How can you have an ANA reaction to mold and still be alive???
Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.
Last edited by i3ai3ydanny; February 15th, 2011 at 06:09 PM.
I know that when DH did his allergy testing for molds and pollens (and foods) the allergist told me that a 13 would score him as anaphylactic and in the case of foods they would send him home with an epipen (he tested a 12 for peanuts... i don't care what they say, I REALLY want an epipen for him!!!!). On the molds and pollens he scored a minimum of 10 and high end was beyond the rings on her little ruler thing, LOL. She said she'd never seen such a major reaction to so many different things... he's still alive. He has a constant nasal drip, constant sneezing, regular sinus infections, grew up with monthly ear infections (and tubes 2x), etc, etc. Basically, it just ends up constantly affecting the system rather than killing you, I guess. I don't have a clue how it works that he isn't dead, but I also know I tested anaphylactic for dust mites, and I'm still alive too... It confuses me too!
I would say that's a good possibility. If it's any comfort, DH did have asthma as a child and outgrew that (though he hasn't outgrown his other allergy symptoms), so maybe Danny will outgrow his asthma too...
Well, now that we know about the mold we are more thinking that all of his "asthma-type symptoms" are due to the mold rather than actual asthma. He isn't outgrowing his allergies as fast as he is getting new ones. He has outgrown 3 and gained 6 counting tree nuts as 1. :/
How did he do with that testing? I think that's what I had done a couple of weeks ago and it sucked. The needles under the 1st layer of skin injecting the allergen in.....I can't imagine Nathan sitting there letting them do that to him!