"Go to bag"

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Regular
I follow the Nut free mom (blog) (facebook) and she has a wonderful post today regarding crisis and being "ready" with your allergic child. It is a great post and I think it's a wonderful idea for those of us with kids that have allergies to be prepared, just in case. Basically the idea is to have a bag ready to go that is full of safe foods, antibacterial wipes, epi pens, benadryl, etc. I will also try to post a link to her blog.....she is pretty awesome at explaining things and such...so if you haven't heard of her or seen the blog-check it out!

The Nut-Free Mom Blog
March 12th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
We pretty much do that but I don't always have snacks in there...just his hydroxizine (basically benadryl without dye as he is allergic to dye and found out during the recall), tylenol, and epipens. The snack and drink thing is a really good idea!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

March 13th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Mommy2Addy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is a great idea, thanks for the link. I actually just finished doing that. I have snacks, Benadryl, and an Allergy Alert card with emergency contact info in her backpack. You can never be too prepared.

Missing my angel babies 5/23/02, 5/1/05, 9/6/06, 10/11/06, 3/10/10

March 16th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Awesome.. Thanks for the link..

I've been super paranoid lately with my son's allergies.. Dr. has not prescribed me a Epi-Pen Jr. yet. He told me to wait until his next appointment in a month. I think it's because A.J is to small for the Epi-Pen Jr.. A.j is only 21 lbs.. But that will be one thing I want in our bag..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search