Another newbie

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2011, 10:48 AM
My son has a lot of allergies...to everything.

His food allergies include: eggs, cows milk, BBQ sause, teryaki (sp?) sauce. (that we know of so far)

He has a lot of air borne allergies as well.

We have them pretty well controlled for the time being, but my heart breaks for him, especially when there is a party at daycare and he is the only one that doesn't get a cupcake like everyone else. He is 2, and probably does'nt care as much as I do, but I do think that he is starting to understand that "eggs give him tummy ache"
April 12th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Hi!!! I am Sarah, mommy to DS Danny 3.5 years. WELCOME

Have you checked for a common element in the sauces? It seems like there may be a common ingredient that is irritating him. Danny is allergic to eggs, milk, soy, carrots, red 40, cinnamon, and tree nuts. The cinnamon and red 40 have been an issue with a TON of sauces. :/ If you can find ener-g egg replacer you can make him cupcakes with goat's milk. You can use rice or soy milk but they often do odd things to cake mixes. Anyway...make a batch of cupcakes for him and stick what you don't use in the freezer. When it is party time send one with him to school and send frosting if you want. Maybe that will help a bit.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

April 12th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3ai3ydanny View Post
Hi!!! I am Sarah, mommy to DS Danny 3.5 years. WELCOME

Have you checked for a common element in the sauces? It seems like there may be a common ingredient that is irritating him. Danny is allergic to eggs, milk, soy, carrots, red 40, cinnamon, and tree nuts. The cinnamon and red 40 have been an issue with a TON of sauces. :/ If you can find ener-g egg replacer you can make him cupcakes with goat's milk. You can use rice or soy milk but they often do odd things to cake mixes. Anyway...make a batch of cupcakes for him and stick what you don't use in the freezer. When it is party time send one with him to school and send frosting if you want. Maybe that will help a bit.
Thanks so much Sarah. I haven't found a common element in the sauces. He had allergy testing done when he was 11 mos old, his pedi is recommending doing another one soon, I just dont have the heart to do it right now. I have everything under control right now...I will be looking for the ener-g egg replacers. Thanks again!
April 13th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would ask about soy..since that's a common ingredient in a lot of bbq sauces and teriyaki. That's my guess Welcome! We have a great group here, and I have gotten alot of support and info here I was gonna suggest sending his own cupcakes too, that's what we did with my 2 at bday parties and stuff. BTW, I'm Jenna, mom to Toby(4) and Logan(2). They are starting to grow out of their allergies, but we still avoid eggs, soy, peanuts and dairy for the most part.

April 14th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy

I agree with what the ladies have said. I'm more inclined to think that there is something in the sauces since they are made of more than one ingredient. My DS can't have teriyaki sauce either bc of the wheat, so I've made my own with wheat free soy sauce.

Jenn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search