Sesame Allergy

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Regular
Anyone else here dealing with this?

There was not one package of hamburger buns w/o sesame...so frustrating! And now the more I read about this the more concerned I am getting b/c I am reading that sesame is included a lot of times with "natural flavors" and vegetable oils in crackers etc....basically the stuff Nathan is eating could have sesame in it and now I am flipping out until Monday when I call the manufacturers.....
April 16th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Not here... I am really sorry... We have that issue with Cinnamon though. It is listed under natural flavors or spices. I just avoid things that say that for the most part but I did go through the store and write down item numbers and tons of info with phone number to call about the foods that we eat a lot... Sauces have been a NIGHTMARE...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

April 17th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't use sesame anything, simply because I'm paranoid and it's in the top allergens.... the only oils we use with Rebecca are sunflower, safflower, and olive. We already had the "natural flavours" ruled out by soy (because it can be hidden that way, and I just don't take the chance). I make a LOT of stuff at home from scratch. Yes, it can be a pain, but hey, I know what's in it this way!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search