Hi and question about appointments

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter was diagnosed with a peanut allergy in March. The doctor scheduled a three month follow-up. I called and cancelled because I said she hadn't had any contact or problems. The doc agreed to cancel, but he rescheduled for two months later (July). I asked why I had to have a follow-up and was told that he just likes to keep up with them. My question is does anyone else's allergist require these visits? I understand it with enviromental allergies, but not food. Once a year seems adequate to me. Her pediatrician joked that they just wanted my money ... he could be right.

Loving my newest siggie from Dakota's Mom!

Last edited by mnj1983; May 29th, 2011 at 07:27 PM.
May 30th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Regular
We generally do once a year "check ups"
June 11th, 2011, 04:44 PM
momma2princesses's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are going every few months, but thats because she is so young and has some triggers still that we are unsure of. If she is doing great, then I would just ask to reschedule for that one yr from the 1st appt.
Suzannah (2.5)

June 11th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Is she borderline for an Epi or benadryl dose or anything? Do they do more testing at those visits? Danny goes at least every 4 months but is usually there every month because he is also his asthma doctor. We have developed three new allergies just since November though so keeping close tabs on danny isn't exactly optional at this point. If she isn't developing anyting, isn't having problems, and the ped is okay with watching epi and benadryl doses per weight I would say call and just schedule a one year or cancel the ones they schedule until the one year mark...it seems odd... If he had never seen her before he may just want to make sure that there are no enviro issues or something... Maybe go back for the first visit and then if it is just weird only agree to yearly check ins and say you will call if anything changes...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

June 12th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3ai3ydanny View Post
Maybe go back for the first visit and then if it is just weird only agree to yearly check ins and say you will call if anything changes...
That's my plan. I do carry an epi pen for her, but haven't had to use it because I keep her away from peanut products.

Loving my newest siggie from Dakota's Mom!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search