Dairy, soy, peanut butter, egg free....any ideas? (10mo old)

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2011, 04:48 PM
momma2princesses's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My daughter has had a rough go of it. She is anaphylactic to dairy, peanut butter, eggs, and soy...even in ingredients. She was skin tested for the PB since we obviously have never given her any...

However, she has had anaphylactic reactions to the rest of the allergens.

My question is: She is on nutramigen. Should I request to have her switched to Neocate?

2. What can she eat? I am so confused about labels. I printed a bunch of other words for foods...but I am so scared for her to come in contact with any of these allergens. We have had to epi her twice (once was from cheeto DUST) and I am so scared to even try anything. Right now we have just taken her back down to just having only formula to try and clear out her system of allergens for awhile.

Any thoughts or suggestions? We are good on keeping her away from things (she can only be put down in house in her crib, play yard XT, or high chair), we only use wash cloths once, and my older daughters have to wash their hands with soap and water after eating. So I mostly just need advice on what I can give her for snacks...and anything else you think is helpful
Suzannah (2.5)

June 11th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
My DS is Danny. He is allergic to eggs, milk, soy, tomatoes, carrots, red 40, cinnamon, tree nuts, and strawberries. The tree nuts is ANA and the cinnamon can be but will most likely not cause full ANA... With snacks... I would look at gummies of some sort first off. I would also look into online sites to get things since contamination from being shelved next to something could be a problem... (Our sunbutter is right next to the peanut butter...dummies) Sunbutter is a sunflower seed based "peanut free" butter. Crackers aren't terribly hard to find either if she has many teeth. Make baby food at home. Buy the fruits or veggies and puree them with a blender or food processer. You can find instructions for that stuff easily online. We had to do that pretty much from dany one because the babyfood either had tomatoes, carrots, or milk in it. If she hasn't had any issues with the nutramigram I wouldn't worry about it. If she has any digestive issues, a constant state of congestion or wheezing, eczema, or anything like that I would ask to change to Neocate but if she isn't having issues she should be fine. The proteins are broken down so they often won't irritate allergies. I really hope things settle down for her. That is rough to have dealt with being so young...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

June 11th, 2011, 09:07 PM
momma2princesses's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3ai3ydanny View Post
My DS is Danny. He is allergic to eggs, milk, soy, tomatoes, carrots, red 40, cinnamon, tree nuts, and strawberries. The tree nuts is ANA and the cinnamon can be but will most likely not cause full ANA... With snacks... I would look at gummies of some sort first off. I would also look into online sites to get things since contamination from being shelved next to something could be a problem... (Our sunbutter is right next to the peanut butter...dummies) Sunbutter is a sunflower seed based "peanut free" butter. Crackers aren't terribly hard to find either if she has many teeth. Make baby food at home. Buy the fruits or veggies and puree them with a blender or food processer. You can find instructions for that stuff easily online. We had to do that pretty much from dany one because the babyfood either had tomatoes, carrots, or milk in it. If she hasn't had any issues with the nutramigram I wouldn't worry about it. If she has any digestive issues, a constant state of congestion or wheezing, eczema, or anything like that I would ask to change to Neocate but if she isn't having issues she should be fine. The proteins are broken down so they often won't irritate allergies. I really hope things settle down for her. That is rough to have dealt with being so young...
Thank you so much for your help! I think I will have to ask about neocate because she has constant constipation (she only went every 7 days since she was born), once we took away dairy, eggs,PB, and soy she is still constipated but goes every 4 days. She also has/had some reflux issues, and is congested a lot. I really think it might be the milk.

I will be making myself comfortable here...I am pretty sure I will be here for a long time.
Suzannah (2.5)

June 12th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have her allergy tested for a corn allergy first, if you haven't already... It is basically a corn based formula... The first ingredient is powdered corn syrup or something like that. We used it for several months as a high calorie allergy free formula but it gave Danny really bad diarrhea. We didn't notice because he had just been taken off of soy..which also gave him really bad diarrhea...so the cause just switched. We ran out before a script was ready for a new set of cans and his diarrhea cleared up after 2 days without it. It is known to cause either diarrhea or constipation so be careful ith it either way... You may mention adding less powder to rice milk and adding pears to her diet regularly... If she will take prune juice add that too. If she isn't taking miralax and nothing else is helping I would talk to her doc about that too...

June 12th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is the only "formula" I know of that is everything free....including corn. This is the link to the post that i heard about it in...the mom in there uses it and can answer more questions than I can about it.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ho-see-nd.html (For those who see an ND)

This is a link to the ingredients and nutrition information page for it.

UltraCare for Kids - Organic Pharmacy On ...

You will have to meet with a nutritionist to decide what supplements to use to make sure she gets everything she needs and to make sure that she doesn't go over the suggested vitamin doses for certain things but if she is also allergic to corn this will be the best option other than adding every vitamin under the sun to rice milk...

On the bottom link you will have to ckick on "ingredients" it won't link directly to it. :/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search