My DD's allergies...

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2011, 07:59 PM
blessedmom080911's Avatar Excitedly Expecting #3!
My oldest DD, she's 3 now, is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish/shellfish, and cats. We first realized she was allergic to peanuts when she touched a PB&J and rubbed her eyes and her whole face swelled up. She was 10 months old at the time and it was shortly before Thanksgiving. We got an appointment with our family doctor who gave us an epi-pen JR prescription until we could get in to be test at the allergy doctor. We got in around December and she tested positive for peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish/shellfish, wheat, eggs, and cats. She's since "outgrown" the allergic to cats. We used to not be able to stay 5 minutes at my mom's (since she has a cat), because she's start itching and breaking out and now we can. Wheat didn't show up on the last test, tree nuts was also negative (although they told us to still avoid them because they may cross reaction with her peanut allergy), and eggs was negative. She can now how cake and other things with eggs baked in it, but she can't have just eggs. Peanuts, were higher and fish was still showing up with positive numbers. So we got good and bad news! She has also had eczema, and it comes and go in severity.

My name is Laura. Nice to meet all of you and thanks for reading!

June 14th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Hi and welcome! I am Sarah, mommy to Danny who will be 4 July 13th. He is allergic to eggs, milk, soy, carrots, red 40, cinnamon, tree nuts, and strawberries. Enviro he is allergic to cats, dogs, and SEVERELY allergic to mold. He hasn't had full enviro testing due to his age and the number of food test we have had to do so there are probably more. It is great to meet you and I hope you stick around!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

June 15th, 2011, 10:30 AM
blessedmom080911's Avatar Excitedly Expecting #3!
As much as I hate the procedure, I wish they would retest her to see if things have changed.

June 15th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Super Mommy
Hello, and welcome! I'm Emily, my oldest DS, Sam (9), is allergic to milk, soy, beef, barley, tuna, and bananas. It's tough when one child is allergic to so many things, but the other children aren't. My DS is having a tough time with not being able to eat pizza anymore. That's his favorite. So I only make it very rarely for my DH and other DS.

*Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*
June 16th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
We make pizza with goat cheese. Danny loves pizza too so we found a way to tweak it. I would make the pizza with plain goat cheese and pizza sauce with a DS-friendly pizza crust. Maybe having something similar would be enough to help him out there. Don't tell him it is goat cheese because of the initial ick factor. If he asks maybe try saying you found a cheese that he can have. I hope that helps!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

June 16th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3ai3ydanny View Post
We make pizza with goat cheese. Danny loves pizza too so we found a way to tweak it. I would make the pizza with plain goat cheese and pizza sauce with a DS-friendly pizza crust. Maybe having something similar would be enough to help him out there. Don't tell him it is goat cheese because of the initial ick factor. If he asks maybe try saying you found a cheese that he can have. I hope that helps!
I hadn't thought of that! I will definitely have to give it a try.

*Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*
June 17th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Regular
Welcome! I am April mom to Nate (4yrs) who has life threatening allergies to tree nuts and is also allergic to peanuts and sesame seeds along with cats and pretty much everything outside as well.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search