More...and more...and more...

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
So on top of the allergies Danny already has...egg, milk, soy, tomato, carrot, red 40, cinnamon, tree nut, and strawberry...we got three new ones yesterday...rice, coconut, and lamb. I am getting to the point that I have no idea how to get around all these. And these are only the ones that had a prick result of 3+ or higher!!! There were 6 or 7 that had a 2+! The allergist said that these are enough to worry about and that the 2+ aren't going to hurt him enough to justify taking all of them out of his already extremely limited diet... He is now on oat milk. He doesn't like hemp milk so this is the last resort for us. He likes the oat milk so far and that test was negative thankfully... This is getting rediculous though...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

August 11th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Regular
Wow...sorry you guys are having to deal with this
August 11th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Super Mommy
I was thinking about you guys yesterday. I'm sorry to hear there is more to add to the list. That must be pretty rough. Does he have to have milk at all? Or is he on a pretty much liquid diet? What about his endoscopy results? Do you have those yet? Sam has only had the occasional milk in his diet since he finished breastfeeding. Maybe once every couple of weeks I make something that involves using rice milk. My bread recipe is egg, soy and milk free and we all love it. I give him fortified orange juice regularly to get a bit more calcium in his diet.

*Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*
August 12th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
The endoscopy didn't go well. He has gastritis (inflamed stomach lining), esophagitis (inflamed esophagus from the mild reflux that they also found), ulcers from where his stomach joins his intestines on down, and bile in his stomach... That is why we had more allergy testing done. He can't have citrus, spicy, sour, caffeine, chocolate, or meat derived liquids (broth, boullion, consomme) because they irritate ulcers. The only reason I still try to find a milk he can have is because it is the only liquid source of nutrition he gets. Oat milk and water. That is pretty much all he drinks. Juices in general tend to irritate his stomach even when we find one that doesn't have an allergen in it. He takes calcium and vitamin D supplements but he is also on a high calorie diet. He needs as little "no calorie" stuff as possible... At least oat milk has some calories in it...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

August 13th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Hugs.. I can't even imagine what your going through..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search