Found something interesting

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2011, 07:28 PM
Regular
I was doing some reading online and came across a link between a yeast overgrowth and allergies, including food allergies. Nathan has been having a horrible time with nasal congestion and he has been on multiple antibiotics especially when he was having ear problems and ended up with tubes....and that is the leading cause of yeast overgrowth....so I got some children's probiotics and am giving him 2 per day (the lady at the health food store said 3 a day but that seemed like a lot to us). She said to start with that and then mildly modify his diet by cutting down on sugar (not that he consumed a lot anyways). So we are giving this a shot...not so much for the food allergies but for the genearl allergies. I am hoping it helps ease his itching and nasal congestion (and irritability).....
August 22nd, 2011, 01:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I have heard of it... It didn't help for us but it has worked... There is usually a pretty "high" dosage of probiotics compared to normal things... Danny's were a specialized kind that were kept alive in a powder form rather than a tablet or capsule and his dosage was 1/4 tsp per day...

ETA...It had something like 10x the potency of over the counter tablets and such...so that would be the equivalent of 2.5 tsp of another product...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search