Not a food allergy but.......

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2011, 10:49 AM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daughter started daycare today and I sent her with a bag full of cloth diapers. I made sure they were all the pull up ones so it would be easy for them. Well they stuck her in disposable diapers. She has a bad allergy to disposable diapers and every time she breaks out severly and it takes weeks to clear up. Well they put her in disposables and she has a bad rash again. How do you bring up this issue without sounding offensive? I know this isn't a food allergy but it is an allergy.
September 12th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I would show them her skin. If she has a rash, they should be able to see it and if that isn't enough for them to keep her out of sposies than I would pull my child out of that daycare. When Danny was in diapers he could only use either cloth or target brand diapers. All the other brands...pampers, luvs, huggies, etc...gave him a nasty rash... I would either push for them to work with you or try to find someone who will work with you...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

September 13th, 2011, 07:46 AM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They swear she was in cloth all day. She was there for 6 hours and she had only one dirty cloth diaper sent home with her. I told them it is really important to keep sposies off of her. I even brought a doctor's note saying she is allergic to sposies. I know in six hours they would have to change her at least twice. it is just irritating with all this in front of them they still want to say she was not in a sposie. I just want them to tell me if they do not want to care for her diaper needs so I can find someone who will.
September 13th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I would say something like I want her changed every 2 hours. If you don't get 3 diapers back out of 6 hours then obviously they are either using sposies or not changing her... Either one could cause a rash...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

November 4th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Request a time chart for all diaper changes (including poop/pee content), and make sure you go home with the correct number of diapers for the changes. If they won't do it, then go somewhere else.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search