Another one?

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
So Danny got sick very early Monday morning... He woke me up at about 1:15 am throwing up... He only got sick that once all night but he wouldn't lay flat for about an hour. He would start crying and fussing as soon as I layed him flat. I am guessing that was from remaining nausea. So the problem is that Monday all he had was bread and applejuice until about 1pm. That is the point that we were going to start foods back and see how he did. He hardly ever has apple juice and when he does it is maybe 1/4 cup per day and that is even mixed with water... Yesterday he drank at least 3-4 cups of applejuice and then around 1pm he started crying that it was making his lips hurt. I looked at the inside of his lips where he said it hurt and it was all red and irritated. He also had a white lacy type irritation pattern on the inside of his lips. I called the ped and they said it is likely part of the same virus but to try giving him benadryl and if he gets better than it is likely an allergy. If it didn't get better they wanted to see him this morning. Well, it was gone by 6 pm yesterday. His last skin prick test tested for apple among other things and he had a 2+ reaction which is still considered negative... I am just hoping that it isn't another allergy and praying it isn't to apple if he does have one. That would basically mean no juice and a lot of other things would be a no no as well.... ugh...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

September 20th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Regular
Oh I hope not!
September 20th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I think we partially confirmed it today... He had apple jelly on his sunbutter and jelly sandwich today...which my sister made him and I forgot to tell her...100% my fault... Anyway. I picked him up from preschool and he had just irritation all on the inside of his upper and lower lip. They were swollen on the inside and a brighter red than the unaffected areas. He also had darker red spots all over the affected parts of his lips. They were almost like a blood blister looking thing but not solid. Like lots of little blood blisters in a circle that is about 2 mm in diameter but lots of the 2mm circles all over the area...upper and lower lip. It is just pitiful. The preschool never called me but Danny never told them that his lips hurt. He is one of those kids that is so used to something hurting that unless you ask him if it hurts he won't tell you until it hurts really badly. :/ So I will be calling the allergist tomorrow to see what, if anything, they want to do about it or if they just want to add it to the list of things to avoid... His "list" has grown from 12 to 13 now...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

September 20th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Regular
Oh man...I can't imagine...we have 3 foods to avoid but only the nuts cause ana symptoms....But I know how frustrating it is and how hard it is...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search