And we have more...

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Regular
We went to a new allergist today...I just scheduled a consult b/c I didn't want him to go thru testing again....Good news is she is awesome! Bad news she thinks his constant itching and attitude, hatefulness, etc. is milk and corn....so she wants us to remove those from his diet....he lives on cereal with milk and yogurt....i am hoping the transition to different milk/yogurt will be okay but i'm not sure how it's going to go....but the one thing she said that I'd never heard before was this....when you're allergic to something your body will either have an aversion to that food OR it will CRAVE it and you will want to eat that and only that ALL.THE.TIME...OMG...it was like a bell went off or something....because he literally wants milk/cheese/yogurt and that is it...she also said that we should see a difference when we remove it b/c it will open up his taste senses....it's kind of like milk is suppressing his taste buds making him not like anything else.....I really liked this doctor and I hope we see a difference here!
September 20th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
She sounds awesome!!! I really hope she is as good as she seems on the first visit. I also hope the milk and corn elimination go well for him! What is his list now?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

September 20th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Regular
Tree nuts, milk, corn and peanuts...

She said she isn't that concerned with his past with peanuts given the fact that he's eaten it and been ok....but I think we will still avoid....However she did mention that if peanuts were a big one she'd suggest steering clear of a lot of soy/beans as that is more related to peanuts than peanuts is related to nuts....

She told me to stop making him a separate meal and serve him what we're eating and eventually his pallatte will open up and he'll eat it (especially if he goes to bed hungry a couple nights in a row but that thought makes me sad ....)

What I liked best about her is she said "I treat each child as if they were my own and what I'm telling you to do is what I would do if this were my little boy"....right there I knew that she was our doctor....she just gets it whereas the other office were just a bunch of idiots who think you're crazy if you ask questions...
September 21st, 2011, 03:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Yah!!! I am so glad it is going so well.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search