Family don't understand

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2012, 11:43 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Easter sucked big time. My cousins had a baptism party on Easter and asked for us to come down. I asked if I need to bring milk free food for Jamie and they told me they had the food covered. I get there and the made Lasagna. I looked and the only milk free think they had was salad. I told them I would be back with Jamie's food and ehre is there exact words, " Why don't we just pull out the noodles for her?" I told them the milk has melted into everything so she can't have it. So I run to my house and get her hot dogs and her chips. When It came time for dessert they came and asked me if they could give her a little bit of ice cream because they didn't want her to be left out. I told them no. So they are a little ticked. Well I smooth it over with them and got them to see a few moments of her smiling was not worth the several hours of pain she would have later. So I start putting her food away and I hear Jamie screaming, so I go into one of the bedrooms and Jamie apparently burned her hand on the lightbulb of a lamp that had been left on the whole time we are there. So today she has a huge blister on her middle finger and I have decided we are not going back to their house for a long time.
April 11th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I am so sorry!!! My Ex-Dh's family still doesn't get it.. They try to give him hamburgers...and he is allergic to beef. They try to give him rice dishes...he is allergic to rice. They try to give him chicken noodle soup. "We can just pull out the noodles." Um...no. He is allergic to chicken and carrots and due to his liberal bland diet he also can't have broth of any sort...so no. My side of the family finally just gets that they can't feed him. His side is slowly getting that I will just bring his food so they have quit trying...which is fine with me. And we have one house that is so not child friendly that we finally quit going there alltogether. It is a very pushy family member (Danny's great gramma on my ex-dh's side) and threatened to sue for partial custody if I didn't let her see Danny more. I doubt she would have a leg to stand on but she has enough money to make my life a living he** so I figured I would let my mom take him to church with her once per month (which occasionally gets forgotten about) but it seems to keep GGM happy enough... Ugh... He never goes on food days though because she is the absolute worst about food... She is the one that tries to give him "just a little" because "it can't possibly hurt him." "My kids ate everything growing up and they are just fine." >: ( Can you get any more ridiculous??? Sorry... I kinda hijacked here but basically...yah... I think we all deal with this... (((HUGS)))

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

April 12th, 2012, 10:14 AM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was trying to avoid the hours of her saying her belly hurts and the diarrhea and got to deal with several hours of her screaming her hand hurts. There was no winning that day. They have it in their heads there must be some magic pill that will keep her from having an reaction.
April 13th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That just royally stinks... I hope her hand gets to feeling better soon!

April 30th, 2012, 12:01 PM
proudjmmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel your pain. My husbands family doesn't get it either. My daughter also has a dairy allergy, and my niece tried to give her a chocolate bar
April 30th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Regular
That's awful. I hate it when people decide to ignore the health of your child and just do whatever they want. It's just ridiculous that even family has a hard time remembering such simple things.
May 3rd, 2012, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Remembering isn't as bad as refusing to accept it or lacking the ability to understand it. :/ Remembering can eventually be accomplished...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search