IgG food allergy testing

Forum: Food Allergies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Food Allergies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Have you done a IgG test? We're you surprised to what your child was allergic too?

We are waiting on my son's IgG allergy testing to come back. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.. The test we did was sent to Florida and it's about a two week wait to find out the results..

For those who don't know the difference between IgG and IgE testing, this link explains it..

http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com...20vs%20IgE.pdf

This video explains it as well..

IgG Allergy Testing - YouTube

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; June 14th, 2012 at 12:59 PM.
June 14th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Regular
We did IGG testing and it was not reliable for us. It was however how we found out he has a life threatening nut allergy. The doctor (who was a new one we were trying) told us tests came back that he was allergic to milk and eggs but was not allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. Gave us the go ahead to feed him anything but milk and eggs. So we did. He ate 1 cashew and his throat swelled shut after 10 minutes. From what I read and what our pediatrician told us the IGG reads the level of what you eat (which explains why his milk and egg was so high b/c he lives on yogurt/milk/cheese etc) and what is in your system instead of the actual allergy to it...I don't know b/c nothing is definite when it comes to allergy testing...That is the #1 thing I have learned through all this

Good luck!
June 15th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Wow.. That must have been scary..

What you mentioned does make sense. I'm going to ask our doctor more questions about it. We are doing the Comprehensive Wellness 3 (200 Items) . There is no way my son has eaten that many foods. He is super picky. When they did your test, was the results done locally or did you send it out to a special company?

The allergy test we did went to this company.

ALCAT Worldwide

So far, since we've been on a GFCF diet, we've seen improvement. Makes me wonder if there is a under lying food sensitivity that is causing my son to have his issues. We've also done the standard blood and skin test. Both have the same allergy results.

Thank you so much for your help..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; June 15th, 2012 at 11:07 PM.
June 15th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Just wanted to share this video I found. Helped me understand the test we did.

Alcat featured on NBC Newschanel 5, WPTV - YouTube

June 18th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Regular
It's been a couple of years so I don't remember where they sent the tests...I do remember it cost A LOT of money though, around $800 for the blood work. I was, well I still am frustrated by it b/c the dr. told us it was basically a fool proof way to know so we wasted a bunch of money and put Nathan through a lot of stress with the blood draw.
June 22nd, 2012, 05:31 AM
I would be upset too.. Our test was around that same amount. Luckily we know my son's allergies from the regular IgE tests so it will be interesting to see what this test comes up with.

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; July 26th, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
July 26th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I just wanted to update that we got our test results about 3 weeks ago and I was surprised with what foods came up as a delayed food allergy. Out of the 190 items tested, he had a reaction to 45. Biggest shocker was Whey and Turkey. Since we have eliminated all of those foods from his diet, his eczema has cleared up, his allergies are not as bad as they normally world. He stomach isn't so bloated and most importantly he is learning things at an amazing rate. I personally think his body is finally feeling better and now his immune system can keep up with average allergies and he is ready to learn and finally feel good.. It's a miracle..

For those wondering what can delayed allergies do to a child with Autism, just watch this link below. Dr. Dan explains it.

Autism - Dr Dan Speaks on Autism- YouTube

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search