hello all

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2009, 09:36 AM
~~~Sue~~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~~~Sue~~~
just wanted to check it out over here but wasnt sure what this one is all about. I am fully breastfeeding and my son is 7wks old. I have started the mini pill but have to admit I havent been good at taking it. I dont want to get pregnant for at least a yr and we havent decided if we are having any more children. Any information about this forum would be appreciated am I in the right place for what I am wanting? Is there a way to not get pregnant for a specific time frame while not worring about bc pills or condums?
thanks,
sue
February 10th, 2009, 10:08 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Any information about this forum would be appreciated am I in the right place for what I am wanting? Is there a way to not get pregnant for a specific time frame while not worring about bc pills or condums?
thanks,
sue[/b]

There certainly is. It's called Natural Family Planning. Basically, you can take a course (online, in person, home study) that teaches you how to monitor your fertility each day. You abstain on days with fertile signs, and can enjoy days without condoms when you have infertile signs - in accordance with the guidelines of whichever form of NFP you choose to learn. Effectiveness is 99% with proper training and following the rules. It works even if you don't have your cycles back, because it's possible to ovulate before your first period.

There is also breastfeeding infertility that leaves only a 2% chance of pregnancy when certain guidelines are met, but the hormones from the mini-pill will have already disrupted that natural state of infertility for you. You wouldn't be able to rely on breastfeeding alone even if you stopped the pills now.

If you have some time, read through the Resource and FAQ Stickies on this forum. That will explain some more about it all!
February 11th, 2009, 03:41 PM
:::Dan!elle:::'s Avatar Proud to be a CPST!
SUE!!!!!!! How the heck have you been? I do FAM, I chart with Ovusoft and only use condoms during my fertile time. Worked so far, although it has only been 4 months

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search