Lent

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2009, 07:10 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to be limiting my computer time for the season of Lent, so if you wonder why I'm not posting as much - that's why. I'll be checking in only after 6pm each day. Don't let that stop you from chatting up a storm though!
February 22nd, 2009, 08:54 PM
geo-geek
Have a good season of Lent. I have always tried to forgo some form of indulgence during this season even though I am not Catholic. It is a wonderful idea no matter the religious basis.
February 23rd, 2009, 06:44 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to attempt to do the same thing with my computer time too and spend more quality time with my kids.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

February 23rd, 2009, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okie dokie, gl. I was born and baptised as catholic, but we left that church because my mom was in an argument with another lady who went to the church, so we switched to non-denominational when I was 7 or 8 (i think).........I claim non-denominational as my religion now......I'm really not sure if they do lent???

</div>
February 23rd, 2009, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Okie dokie, gl. I was born and baptised as catholic, but we left that church because my mom was in an argument with another lady who went to the church, so we switched to non-denominational when I was 7 or 8 (i think).........I claim non-denominational as my religion now......I'm really not sure if they do lent???[/b]
Some non-Catholic Christian churches do, and some don't. That's probably just something you can ask your pastor! It's based on the Bible, so I don't see why it would be a problem. It's an imitation of the 40 days the Jesus spent in the desert fasting. (Matthew 4:1-11; Mark 1:12-13; Luke 4:1-13)

February 23rd, 2009, 09:22 PM
TaraJo827's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's cool, Shawna.

I am reading Catholicism For Dummies - LOL so I am learning about lent and other Catholic practices. A bunch of our friends (who were VERY evangelical / protestant) converted to Catholicism a while ago. We are mighty confused and decided we have to look into Catholicism and pray that God will show us the truth...

Hm. Probably more than you guys wanted to know.

February 23rd, 2009, 10:11 PM
Quote:
I am reading Catholicism For Dummies - LOL so I am learning about lent and other Catholic practices. A bunch of our friends (who were VERY evangelical / protestant) converted to Catholicism a while ago. We are mighty confused and decided we have to look into Catholicism and pray that God will show us the truth...[/b]

I love Catholicism for Dummies! LOL If you have any questions, don't hesitate to visit us over at Catholic Parenting. There are several converts over there who probably had many of the same questions that you have. Also good is the Surprised by Truth series and Rome Sweet Home (Scott Hahn).
February 24th, 2009, 11:22 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Raises hand - I am a convert and still learning! LOL! I still haven't figured out what I am going to give up - I guess I better get cracking, I got a day left!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

February 24th, 2009, 07:09 PM
TaraJo827's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I love Catholicism for Dummies! LOL If you have any questions, don't hesitate to visit us over at Catholic Parenting. There are several converts over there who probably had many of the same questions that you have. Also good is the Surprised by Truth series and Rome Sweet Home (Scott Hahn).[/b]
Oh, true! Thanks. I forget how many forums are on JM! There's just about one for everything! Now I may be haunting you with questions about NFP AND Catholicism. lol

I have heard of Scott Hahn. My husband mentioned reading one of his books, but I don't think it was that one. I will look it up, though. Thanks! It is pretty stressful, I must admit, not knowing what to believe or where we belong, or if we are saved! But I'm trying to have an open mind and read about Catholicism from the Catholic point of view, which is MUCH different than what you learn as a Protestant.

BTW, SavaAngel, were you Protestant before you converted to Catholicism?? Just curious...

February 24th, 2009, 09:53 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Quote:
BTW, SavaAngel, were you Protestant before you converted to Catholicism?? Just curious...[/b]
I was raised Presbyterian, but I was never baptized in any faith until I converted.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

February 25th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Julka
Quote:
Quote:
I love Catholicism for Dummies! LOL If you have any questions, don't hesitate to visit us over at Catholic Parenting. There are several converts over there who probably had many of the same questions that you have. Also good is the Surprised by Truth series and Rome Sweet Home (Scott Hahn).[/b]
Oh, true! Thanks. I forget how many forums are on JM! There's just about one for everything! Now I may be haunting you with questions about NFP AND Catholicism. lol

I have heard of Scott Hahn. My husband mentioned reading one of his books, but I don't think it was that one. I will look it up, though. Thanks! It is pretty stressful, I must admit, not knowing what to believe or where we belong, or if we are saved! But I'm trying to have an open mind and read about Catholicism from the Catholic point of view, which is MUCH different than what you learn as a Protestant.

BTW, SavaAngel, were you Protestant before you converted to Catholicism?? Just curious...
[/b]
Hi! Definitely come visit us on Catholic Parenting. I am a convert too and we could probably help you answer any questions or concerns you might have.

I read several of Scott Hanh's and Kimberly Hahn (his wife's) books and they're all wonderful reads!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search