Newbie with a question...

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a question that you ladies might know the answer to, is there a way to regulate a period without resorting to birth control?

My periods have been all over for a while, however I just started paying attention to them a few months ago. (charting when my period is and my symptoms beforhand), one cycle will be 32 days and the next will be 40, and the cycle after that will be 36 days, while I'm not TTC or TTA, (I don't even have a boyfriend/husband,) I just want to regulate my periods so that I can stop wasting money on pads and tampons, and use them because "I might start my period tonight/today,' and then have my period start a week later.

The length of bleeding is usually about the same (4-5 days.) but it's just the length of the cycle leading up to the bleeding that's not regular.

Is there a way I can regulate my period? like with vitamins?

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
March 6th, 2009, 10:03 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I don't know of anything that would regulate like BC pill. But, if you chart you will know based on your chart and your body when your period will most likely arrive. Even if it is late. I have had longer cycles before so I know you pain.

Maybe someone else can help you a little more.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

March 6th, 2009, 11:01 AM
geo-geek
Hey RJ!! I have cycles like yours. They are horrible to predict if you are not charting. I have had the 29 day, 34 day, 39 day, 27 day...yeah all over the place. I have noticed that they have started to regulate after about a year on B6. I would say even if you are not having sex, charting would be a good thing to start. I can predict my period almost to the hour when I confirm ovulation. Also, if you want to save a lot of money in the long run with pads/tampons you could switch to a diva cup. I know that it sounds weird and icky, but it has been really nice for me. Decreased if not eliminated leaking and so forth. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me
March 6th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the link Rachel! I'll be looking into using that! the Diva Cup sounds much easier to use than Pads and Tampons.

Thanks for all your help!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
March 6th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the link Rachel! I'll be looking into using that! the Diva Cup sounds much easier to use than Pads and Tampons.

Thanks for all your help!

March 7th, 2009, 08:22 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto the others, fertility charting can give you ample warning before your period starts. If you learn to track ovulation, your period will arrive about 2 weeks later. Doesn't matter if ovulation is early or late, you're not due for your period until 2 weeks after ovulation has happened.
March 8th, 2009, 05:42 AM
TaraJo827's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Also, keep in mind that BC pills don't actually regulate your period, I believe. I think (Shawna, is this right?) they produce withdrawal bleeding at regular intervals, as if it were your period. But it's actually only masking the problem (if there is one).

I'd also look into the book called Fertility, Cycles, & Nutrition. It goes into detail about how to get your periods back on track through vitamins, healthy weight, and nutrition. Sometimes that's all it takes.

Good luck!

March 10th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the help! I'll be sure to check out the book!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search