Hey,

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2009, 06:10 PM
BrandiiNikkii.*'s Avatar Mommy to Girls ♥
Hi Ladies,

I was thinking about starting NFP, as I am not a big fan of BC & we want to wait before TTC right now.

I have a few questions :
What charting program should I use? I have FF now.
Do I have to have a BBT or will any do?
Is this a good method if my cycles r not normal? ( Just came off Nuva ring & I yet to get AF. Hoping she shows soon!)
Any tips would be great!

March 6th, 2009, 07:28 PM
geo-geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi Nikki View Post
Hi Ladies,

I was thinking about starting NFP, as I am not a big fan of BC & we want to wait before TTC right now.

I have a few questions :
What charting program should I use? I have FF now.
Do I have to have a BBT or will any do?
Is this a good method if my cycles r not normal? ( Just came off Nuva ring & I yet to get AF. Hoping she shows soon!)
Any tips would be great!
It depends on the type of NFP that you use as to which charting program that you use. I did buy the ovusoft software that comes with Taking Charge of Your Fertility. FF doesn't do well with TTA so if you are going to TTA, you will want to look into other programs.

You do not have to do BBT for NFP. There are several girls on here that do mucus only methods. There is a sticky that shows the different types of NFP that people can use.

You do NOT have to have normal cycles to do NFP. I don't have too normal of cycles. They range from 27-39 days. It all depends n if you can determine your fertility.

Look through the stickies, there is also a thread here (If you ever wanted to sit in on an NFP Presentation...) about listening in on a NFP class that you can watch if you have time. That will give some great info too.
March 6th, 2009, 10:53 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you have a serious need to avoid pregnancy at this time, I highly recommend selecting a verified form of NFP and learning it properly! You can browse through the different types in our Resource Sticky. Once a form of NFP is learned thoroughly, you get to enjoy high effectiveness rate (99%) without any drugs or devices! Trying to figure out NFP on your own, without the proper training, can be very confusing and not very reliable.

It is important to use a BBT thermometer if you are using a form of NFP that requires temps. Other thermometers aren't sensitive enough for fertility tracking.

As for software, the best one to use is the one that goes with whichever form of NFP you end up choosing. There are a few different charting programs out there, they are also listed in the Resource Sticky. FF is NOT designed for TTA and is not reliable for that!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search