I'm still here... & had my last NFP class!

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2009, 03:25 PM
TaraJo827's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still around, but haven't been on as much. When I am, I have been bugging some of you girls on the Catholic Parenting board.

I took my last NFP class today, though! Woo hoo! ...or, shall I say... Eeek!

I am quite sure I'll be seeing my teaching couple again, though. They are getting certified to teach the postpartum class and are going to call me as soon as they get their materials. I think it will just be my husband and I and them (and possibly the kids, too), and we will talk over the postpartum "return to fertility" stuff in more detail. Until then I am not even temping, but I'm on the lookout for major fertile mucus or any bleeding. Otherwise, I decided to stop sweating it so much.

I think we may actually also ask them about what brought them to the Church, too, as they seem happy & willing to share about things they feel strongly about and we will be alone with them. I wonder if God sent this couple to us because I feel that there aren't many guys who are nice, moral guys who my husband could look up to spiritually, and he can also relate to on a personal level. But this husband is a super nice guy and also has a very similar sense of humor to my husband. We both think he's hilarious, but he's not obnoxious at the same time. The wife is really funny, too. They just made our class so interesting & fun, I'm kinda sad there were only 3. I feel like we had so much in common (from political / religious interests, to sense of humor, to NFP, to homeschooling, and they have 4 little kids like us - only slightly older) but we had no time to talk about any of that stuff since we had to cover all the NFP material, of course.

It's just so exciting to me to meet people so similar to my husband and I... that doesn't happen everyday at ALL. I feel like saying, "Hi, will you be my friend? Can we hang out??" LOL My husband and I don't have any friends anymore that we can talk to about that stuff or hang out with at all. We are in the stage where we have family & friends who can't relate to a lot of things we are very interested in, and/or don't have any kids, so we feel like "the parents", ifyaknowhatI'msayin.

Anyhoo, our teaching couple mentioned getting together at least 3 times, so I'm excited to talk to them in a different setting and discuss the Catholic Church stuff, as well as... fertile mucus. lol

March 7th, 2009, 06:39 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's so great that you clicked with the teachers in more areas than just NFP! I've found that in meeting to go over charts, you get to know people really well - I bet that happens for you too! It's fun!
March 7th, 2009, 08:51 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
That is great. Glad things went well!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

March 8th, 2009, 07:03 AM
geo-geek
That is good to hear!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search