Introducing myself!

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2009, 07:32 AM
IBake2Boys+1Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via MSN to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Yahoo to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Skype™ to IBake2Boys+1Girl
Hey everyone! I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself quickly. I have just recently decided to start NFP to prevent pregnancy. I've been on BCP since I was 17 years old. DS #1 was conceived while on BCP. After him, I was on a different kind with no setbacks. DS#2 was planned off of BCP but since concieving him I've had a lot of issues with hormones and mood swings, etc.

After being off of the pill for about 5 weeks, I finally feel normal again! Less mood swings, higher sex drive...you know the drill. So I've started charting and following my BBT and CM. So far so good. I'm on CD 6 and hoping that this goes well . Does anyone have and recommendations or advice for me? I haven't really done much research on it but I know enough about the basics of getting pregnant to aviod it, I think. LOL! Advice would be really welcomed!

Marie {mom to}
Ethan (7), Patrick (4), Emma (2)
Happily Married to Nathan (4.28.07)
March 22nd, 2009, 07:54 AM
Julka
Hi Marie!! Good to see ya here!

Check out the stickies so you can learn more about different NFP methods
There is LOTS of info out there!

Veronika was conceived while were were TTA (oops!) so I REALLY advice educating yourself as much as possible!
March 22nd, 2009, 08:30 AM
Send a message via AIM to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via MSN to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Yahoo to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Skype™ to IBake2Boys+1Girl
Awesome! Thanks Julia!! I'll have to check out the books recommended too so that I can get one. Thanks for the welcome!

Marie {mom to}
March 22nd, 2009, 11:21 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I also recommend the Resource Stickies. Good Luck.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

March 23rd, 2009, 07:46 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

It all depends on how seriously you need to avoid pregnancy I guess! If you have dire need to avoid, then I highly recommend learning NFP properly from a certified instructor. The personalized support will make it much less confusing than trying to figure it all out on your own! If you don't have dire need to avoid, you can probably get by just fine with books and doing some research. Just be aware the conception rate is a higher with self-teaching.
March 23rd, 2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks Christina & Shawna! I'm not sure who around my area would be certified in NFP but I'll definitely be looking into it. Right now, we really SHOULD NOT have another child! LOL! I don't have insurance and the bills alone would probably send me into outer space! LOL!

Marie {mom to}
March 23rd, 2009, 10:10 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For NC:

Nearest BOM Instructors are in Hickory and Charlotte.

Creighton Model Fertility Care Centers are in Concord, Salisbury, Jacksonville, and Fayetteville.

Couple to Couple League Instructors are in Winston Salem, Stokesdale, Greensboro, Holly Springs, Zebulon, Raleigh, Wilmington, and Weaverville.

The BOM and Northwest Family Services both have online courses that put you in touch with a teacher via email. CCL has a home study program that establishes phone contact with a teacher. Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search